X with Blur vs. Incredible with Sense

bcbossuk

Reaction score
This is my first thread yay! I am a BB Tour user as of now with Verizon.

I want to switch to one of the Droid phones, but am one of those people who HATE buying a lesser device or buying one right before a new one comes out.

I love the Droid X's hardware, but hear that Blur is a big handicap for the device. It seems that the Incredible's hardware is great but not quite X great, but I hear that Sense UI is great on it. I like the layout of Sense and HTC seems to have their sh** together.

What device would you recommend if I was rooting and all that good stuff. Just enjoying Android and getting away from my un-innovative BB.

Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What you hear is what people like to complain about.

Get one in your hand and decide for yourself. I've had both, X over the DI anyday.

But if you want root right now for whatever reason settle for the DI or Original Droid.

OP
B

bcbossuk

Reaction score
Care to describe why you like the X vs. the Incredible? I am a newbie to this stuff I am stuck with :blackberry:

NYZ93

Reaction score
rooting and good stuff you want original droid smaller phone nicer phone incredible
Biga A*s phone fast and good features X .

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I like the X due to the size and light weight.

Rooting and Custom Roms are very low on my list.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some of the blur and sense widgets I would like to have on the droid, especially the scenes. I try so hard to make my own scenes using the default home app and launcherpro plus. Yes there are some stuff that is just not needed, but you have the chice to have it on the home screen or not. People complaining about how the devices is not "pure android" needs to chill. Android has to evolve to get more of the on the fence customers. It is no longer just about the hackers, or android fans. They need to find away to grab the attention of the mainstream, and guess what; mainstream wants motorblur, they want all that stuff ready to go. That is what makes iphone so popular, because it is ready to go out of the box.
Now they should give advanced users the option to add or remove those features, but for the most part the mainstream audience are not gonna want to wait and go through classes to figure out android. Give them a taste of the abilities, and the n as they continue to learn more about the os, they may care about all the other things android can do.
The droid x is going after the people that the droid just could not reach. And motorblur/sense is popular believe it or not.

OP
B

bcbossuk

Reaction score
I guess I should have titled this thread Sense vs. Blur because thats what I am interested in.

The two powerhouse Android Makers (HTC and Motorola) both have a UI built into their phones for now. My question now is what do you like better Sense or Blur and why?

Thank you for your help!

Orionalias

Reaction score
bumpin...this is of great importance. ok not really, but definitely of great interest to me.

ffej89

Reaction score
Personally i love Htc senceUi so for me its the Dinc all the way but that being said its really just my opinion. What you will find is there are pro's and con's with both and fans that will defend them to the death lol. Really you have to go to Verizon and try them both out side by side and then you can tell why you like sence way better too lol :icon_ banana:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've tried them both and would pick the X. The incredible with sense is extremely hard to use and has terrible battery life.

dragozoid

Reaction score
FYI, It's not Blur on the X. It's just stock with some Blur widgets and a custom launcher. It works well but I use LauncherPro. Feels just like the stock UI that I had on my D1.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly I would wait until the end of the year - we should see phones that are giant leaps up from these.

Fizban22

Reaction score
i got the X when it came out and my dad just bought an Incredible so ive played with both to be able to compare them. i like both a lot, but in the end i like the X better. the hardware specs to it are great, and the software isnt as bad as some people make it out to be.

one of the things i really like better about the X is its ability to sync all your facebook pictures with your contacts list. also, you can resize widgets on the X, something you cant do with Sense (update: you can actually resize widgets using LauncherPro as well now with the new update)

the things i liked about Sense was the flipclock/weather widget that comes preloaded with the phone as well as the ability to pinch a homescreen and bring up the other 7 screens.
my solution=Beautiful Widgets and Launcher Pro

Beautiful widgets is awesome. its just as good, if not better than the flipclock/weather thing to comes on the Inc. its so customizable you can get the perfect one to fit your liking. as for launcher pro, i was hesitent to put it on my phone because i didnt wanna mess with the interface (mainly because i didnt mind the stock interface), but not that i have it i LOVE it! i set it to have the froyo-looking call/menu/contact bar on the bottom. launcher pro gives you the pinch-to-7 screens thing. it allows you to set how many screens you want. AND its extremely smooth when scrolling between screens (MUCH more smooth than the stock interface that comes on the X).

so my suggestion. go with the X. the overall hardware specs, the software specs (recommended enhancments: Launcher pro, beautfiful widgets, and weatherbug elite cause the 3 day forecast widget looks cool as well), the battery life, the size and lightweaight feel, swype texting, etc. are too good to pass up.

the inc really is an incredible phone, but the X is a lot better once you personalize it to your liking (unless your into phone hacking and all that stuff, then i might say go with the Inc)

hope this helps.