Which launcher?

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
So, I'm currently running on ADW Launcher and tested Go Launcher...both seems the same...anyone has a reason which one is better?

Questions you can possibly answer:
-Which is smoother with a live wallpaper?
-Which one runs well with widgets?
-Which one can run smooth with both live wallpaper and widgets?

Motorola Droid
-303-
FTW

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have launcher pro+ and it is very smooth. Also has multiple screen transitions. I am running Liberty v1.5 with this launcher and I can do anything I really want to with it. Dont use live wallpapers all that much so i cant really speak for those but it is a nice launcher in my opinion.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I played with the Go Launcher a week ago or so and it wasn't at all what I expected. It was actually good. Let me rephrase that...it was damn good. I can't specifically answer your questions, but I can tell you that I thought long and hard about whether or not to stick wth ADW Ex or go with, er, well Go. I chose ADW Ex at the time but will probably try Go out again soon. There was one issue that was a deal breaker for me but unfortunately I can't remember what it was lol.

Now I would choose Go over LauncherPro any day (but LauncherPro is COMPLETELY off topic to this thread so far). From my testing I did I remember Go handling all my widgets just as well as ADW did, and it supports scrollable widgets as well. I didn't get around to playing with any Live Wallpapers since I don't normally use them.

If I wasn't bored the day I installed Go I probably would never had tried it, and all because of the name. It didn't catch my eye or appeal to my senses at all. IMO the name should be changed but that's just my opinion. Obviously others like it :)

jchammer123

Reaction score
I am also running Launcher Pro plus and prefer it over ADW and Go. If I had to choose between the two, I would say ADW. It was always smoother than Go, for me. I would say give launcher pro a try if you haven't yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I would seriously consider using GL full time but there is a delay in opening when I hit the app tray button that I can't seem to reduce. I like no animations but when I hit that app drawer button I want them there...NOW!...lol

I haven't figured out how to get that with GL but they are putting out some great apps. Go SMS is my choice when I don't use stock.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm running 11 widgets on one screen,7 on a second and 12 on a third screen with no problems. Not icons, but widgets
Go just put out an update yesterday that fixed the orientation problem, sluggish sometimes problem, added screen change animations (flip, roll, cube, windmill and default).
I've tried LP and ADW more than twice each but Go seems to have the best if each and my widgets are homemade in oddball sizes, 15 dock apps with custom homemade icons and none of the others do all that.
It also runs very well

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

redoregon

Reaction score
A quiet one that kinda snuck in the back door is Zeam launcher. It's been impressing the hell out of me for a couple months now.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
A quiet one that kinda snuck in the back door is Zeam launcher. It's been impressing the hell out of me for a couple months now.

Zeam runs as smooth as any for me. The lack of dock options keeps it out of the limelight, imho.

I haven't tried it in a while. Maybe I'll load it up and see if anything has changed.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think in my opinion that you just have to play around with each one until you find one that plays nice with your phone. Kinda like when your finding a new ROM... just play around till you find one that you and your phone likes.

faithmusic

Reaction score
I have Launcher Pro Plus and Sweeterhome 2 and I've been using Sweeterhome 2 for a couple of weeks straight and I really like it. The only problem is switching from one theme to another. You have to reset the widgets, which could be a drag. But, if you find a theme you like to use all the time, then it's a very cool launcher!dancedroid

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Go was updated, yesterday?

What's in this version:
1. Supported home screen transition (Preferences-Display settings-Screen transition)
2. Supported preview screen transition
3. Updated themes and you can move them to SD now
4. New wallpaper gallery (need to update the themes and use "MENU-wallpaper-GO wallpaper")
5. Fixed lag issue that switching between portrait mode and landscape mode
6. Fixed flating widget issue
7. Improved the memory usage

leland

Reaction score
Same question with an original Droid. Have tried Zeam but miss a few features. Have had stability and battery issues with Go Launcher.

Haven't played much with ADW Ex, but I have with the free ADW and free LP. The ADW themes make life more fun, but there's definitely some concern that my phone doesn't have the space for a lot of themes. Touchdown is a required app for me and takes up about 50 mb of room.

Would love a strong recommendation :)

taward09

Reaction score
I've been using ADW.EX for a few weeks now, and it hasn't failed me yet. I took a gamble on buying it because I hadn't been a fan of ADW prior to that, but it's blown me away. Not only does it have screen transition animations, but 4 different app drawer styles, countless themes, system transition animation options, and it's FAAAAAAAAAAST. Highly recommended and worth every penny.

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I use adw ex and it hadn't fail...except my phone runs super slow but it is the best launcher
Same question with an original Droid. Have tried Zeam but miss a few features. Have had stability and battery issues with Go Launcher.

Haven't played much with ADW Ex, but I have with the free ADW and free LP. The ADW themes make life more fun, but there's definitely some concern that my phone doesn't have the space for a lot of themes. Touchdown is a required app for me and takes up about 50 mb of room.

Would love a strong recommendation :)

Tapatalk-Motorola Droid-303!
Tap, Swype, and Talk.

Hmong
Xiong