which is the best droid to get?

kidpoker989

Reaction score
im an unhappy customer of blackberry and want to switch over to droid butttt i do not know which droid is best for me......

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
all i can say is go to the store and try one out.

do you want a keyboard? droid 2
you want a huge screen? droid x or samsung fascinate/captivate (whichever one it is)
you want compact phone with no keyboard? droid incredible or fascinate/captivate
you want stock android with possible endless rooting/ROM possibilities? get an original droid (if you get one of the 3 above i'll trade ya + cash =P)

wait another month and there's going to be at least 2 or 3 more droids being released by mid november from what i hear.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dezymond is right. there are many android phones available, in different styles and with some different features. the only way to find the phone that's right for you, your uses, and your tastes, is to go to a store and try them out. once you do, i have a hunch that the one that's right for you will become apparent.

he is also correct that there are rumored to be several new phones coming out in the next month or so. look thru the news section of this forum, and you'll find several threads of rumored new phones (here's one just posted today: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...id-launches-coming-verizon-november-11th.html). it may be worth your while to wait it out for another couple weeks. or, at least thru VZW, even if you buy one of the phones currently available (DX, D2, DInc, Fascinate) you will have 30 days to return it for a different model.

Happy hunting!! :)

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
Original Droid!!! Best for hacking!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Nausicaa

Reaction score
I agree, the original Droid is the best for hacking at this time. Great community. The hackers make it good, not Motorola nor Google.

Droid Pro is better if you like Blackberry's settings, though, don't know about the keyboard.

ethancays

Reaction score
im an unhappy customer of blackberry and want to switch over to droid butttt i do not know which droid is best for me......

Some of the best Android and Droid based phones you can choose from are:

• Dell Streak
  • Droid X
  • DROID 2
  • Droid Incredible
  • HTC EVO 4G
  • Samsung 4G Epic
  • Samsung Captivate
  • Samsung Fascinate
  • Sony Xperia X10
  • T-Mobile G2

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
As always with these threads: What do you specifically need/want? What are the priorities? We're not psychic.

eggsped

Reaction score
Original Droid!!! Best for hacking!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

For a few days I thought I was going to have to upgrade and went to the store to "play" with the new phones. Maybe I'm getting old and am starting to shy away from change but I kept thinking, "I like my Droid better" as I played with the phones.

I equally like and dislike the size of the X, I like the big screen but my D1 is too much to pocket so the X will only be worse.

The Fascinate is really nice but colors a little too oversaturated for my liking and the whole Bing / VZnavigator thing just turns me off. I wouldn't consider one until VZ or the hacking community come up with something that's a little more traditional android. (Even my wife who likes all things that sparkle was turned off by the VZnavigator / Bing thing)

None of the VZ stores I visited had a functioning Incredible so I can't comment.

Being I like my D1 so much and considering the shortfalls listed above I would most likely get a D2 if I absolutely had to replace my phone today, followed very closely by the X. FWIW I can't stand the keyboard on the D1 and the D2 although better still doesn't feel comfortable enough that I use it more than the touch screen keyboard.

edit: did anyone else notice that stores have fewer working phones on display, one I went to had none only dummy phones, and in store technical support is all but gone.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
If you like a physical keyboard, I recommend the Droid 2. Great, great phone. It has some weight to it and seems very solid and well built. It's a great design...very sharp looking. It's fast. The speed moving from program to program and back to home is quite good. Verizon's 3G is great...the fast downloads are nice. (I previously was a T-Mobile customer and their 3G sucks compared to Verizon) And the battery life of the Droid 2 is excellent as far as smart phones go.

I've had it for a few weeks now and I really have zero complaints/cons. Great phone.

kechamb

Reaction score
I was asking the same thing about a month ago and the best advice I received was go the the store and play with a few of the phones and see which one you like best. I had my choices down to 3 and doing the hands on is what decided it for me. So with that out of the way I prefer my Droid 2 but ask my son it's the Droid X.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I was asking the same thing about a month ago and the best advice I received was go the the store and play with a few of the phones and see which one you like best. I had my choices down to 3 and doing the hands on is what decided it for me. So with that out of the way I prefer my Droid 2 but ask my son it's the Droid X.

Yeah, trying them out in the store is a great way to see how they feel in your hands, how big they are, how the keyboard feels, etc., etc.
That's what I did too.

All of the Droid phones are excellent. It was a tough decision for me, but it was definitely a fun process since I new I was getting a great phone regardless of which Droid I picked.

Oh...yeah... Hawks Suck!!!!!

:wink: