Which Droid? LEMME KNOW!

Behave

Reaction score
Hi! Im new to the whole idea of a smartphone period. But, a buddy of mine has a Droid, and its awesome. Im almost positive his is the standard, first Droid, and I think that is fine. However, better is still, well, better. Which Droids do you figure are the best? I compiled what I wanted in a Droid.

Good GPS
Fast Internet Connection Speed ( For movies, games, music, ect. )
Good Camera.
Reliability
Ease of Use
Clear Voice Calls

Really, anything good. But, one thing varying is price. Do you know of anywhere you can get droids cheap or even free with a 2-year contract?

Links are appreciated!
Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the Forum!

the whole droid lineup from verizon covers all those things listed. it's just a matter of personal preference. Do you want a keyboard? Do you want a huge screen? Do you want a light phone?

There's all types of droids out there for each customer, you just gotta go in and try them out yourself.

Inverse

Reaction score
Amazon Wireless is still giving out the Droid 2 for free (a penny technically) with a two year contract. They will waive the activation fee as well. I believe they have the Droid X at 99 dollars as well.

I actually managed to go into a Verizon retail store and showed them the offer and they price matched me. Yeah I walked out with a free D2. X3

It's not the Global~ but I can't complain. :) ****ing love this phone.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 for Amazon. I picked up an LG Ally for my MIL at Best Buy last Friday and it was free, but it usually is 99 dollars. I chose that phone because she is 80 and doesn't need a bunch of high powered features, and it was cheaper in price than others. It definitely doesn't have the power of others, nor the latest Android version that supports Flash though.

The Droid 1 is no longer available new, but it can be gotten used. The droid 2 replaced it. Your best bet is to try a few out at the store. Have someone call you on the store demo, you call them, etc. Compare voice clarity, how the phone handles, etc. Once you get it down to 1 or 2 choices pick the one you like best, then if you don't like it swap it for your second choice before your first 30 days are up.

ben96

Reaction score
Droid 2 is what I have but its pretty bulky

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Inverse

Reaction score
I dunno man, I actually think it feels less bulky in the hand, especially when the slider is out. Physical keyboard is very easy to type with, but its no HTC keyboard. Its not as bulky feeling in the pocket compared to the DX tbh, especially in a suit pocket.

Being able to type like this is great, and since I'm a bit of a retro gamer and obsessed forum user/texter, virtual keyboards just won't do. Apple tried to force that on us a bit ago, and the Droid slapped them with the D1 and QWERTY. The D2 carries that tradition forward. :)

Yay qwerty! <3

KEITH.MAX

Reaction score
Being able to type like this is great, and since I'm a bit of a retro gamer and obsessed forum user/texter, virtual keyboards just won't do. Apple tried to force that on us a bit ago, and the Droid slapped them with the D1 and QWERTY. The D2 carries that tradition forward. :)

OP
B

Behave

Reaction score
I think im considering the X, seeing how it has a better camera, and a larger screen. Anyone know where they have any 1c/free deals for the Droid X?

OP
B

Behave

Reaction score
Amazon has the Droid X for $50, has anyone found a better deal elsewhere?