Which brand of cellphone do you like best?

wcjeep

Reaction score
I look at a manufacturer past to judge the future. The HTC One boom sound looks promising. Given the lack of updates and failed promises I would avoid them. The LG Androids seem to be buggy. Most recent one I played with was a quad core device from Sprint. It couldn't stream from my Seagate wifi hard drive. The LG wouldn't even attempt to stream. The owner mentioned other quarks. No experience with Sony. The iPhone 5 seemed to be the only one from apple to consider. Motorola and Samsung seem to get better every year. I'm with Samsung right now. I really like Qi charging, wifi direct and phone/PC integration using Kies Software.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've owned Moto, HTC, and Samsung devices, but all at different generations (og Droid, Incredible, Nexus, and s4). Considering they were all a generation or two apart, I can't really make a fair comparison either. Yeah I've gone with Samsung again, and I really am completely happy with my s4, but I can't help but wonder what if the Xperia line made it to Verizon.

I've always been a fan of Sony and despite some of their darker times and recent "recovery", I've always found their products to be of high quality, despite the fact I pay a premium for the name. If the Xperia Z came to Verizon I would've jumped on it after my Nexus, no question about it. Though since Sony isn't even on Verizon, I went with the brand I consider the best on the network, Samsung.

OP
D

droidshine

Reaction score
I look at a manufacturer past to judge the future. The HTC One boom sound looks promising. Given the lack of updates and failed promises I would avoid them. The LG Androids seem to be buggy. Most recent one I played with was a quad core device from Sprint. It couldn't stream from my Seagate wifi hard drive. The LG wouldn't even attempt to stream. The owner mentioned other quarks. No experience with Sony. The iPhone 5 seemed to be the only one from apple to consider. Motorola and Samsung seem to get better every year. I'm with Samsung right now. I really like Qi charging, wifi direct and phone/PC integration using Kies Software.
yeah,i think HTC will have a promising future. now i am with HTC now. we can see that the samsung cellphone is making better and better. what do you think of Samsung
PC?

OP
D

droidshine

Reaction score
I've owned Moto, HTC, and Samsung devices, but all at different generations (og Droid, Incredible, Nexus, and s4). Considering they were all a generation or two apart, I can't really make a fair comparison either. Yeah I've gone with Samsung again, and I really am completely happy with my s4, but I can't help but wonder what if the Xperia line made it to Verizon.

I've always been a fan of Sony and despite some of their darker times and recent "recovery", I've always found their products to be of high quality, despite the fact I pay a premium for the name. If the Xperia Z came to Verizon I would've jumped on it after my Nexus, no question about it. Though since Sony isn't even on Verizon, I went with the brand I consider the best on the network, Samsung.
I have never used Moto before, so i am not accustomed to it. But in my mind, i always have a thought that the Moto phone is an old brand. Digital devices are always updated too fast,so i am not willing to use Moto.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have never used Moto before, so i am not accustomed to it. But in my mind, i always have a thought that the Moto phone is an old brand. Digital devices are always updated too fast,so i am not willing to use Moto.

Out of curiosity what makes you say that they're an "old brand"? They arguably use the best radios and always got pretty good battery life. Not to mention they pretty much out Android on the map with the Droid when it first came out. I have to say I do sort of like their new approach with their new devices and aiming more towards the general public rather than the spec-junkie.

I would think their longevity in the market would ease the mind of many. Especially now that Google acquired the mobile division I can only see positives from now on.

Not trying to argue or anything, just curious, so please take no offense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

OP
D

droidshine

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what makes you say that they're an "old brand"? They arguably use the best radios and always got pretty good battery life. Not to mention they pretty much out Android on the map with the Droid when it first came out. I have to say I do sort of like their new approach with their new devices and aiming more towards the general public rather than the spec-junkie.

I would think their longevity in the market would ease the mind of many. Especially now that Google acquired the mobile division I can only see positives from now on.

Not trying to argue or anything, just curious, so please take no offense.

To be honest, i don't know, just a feeling. Just like i said it before, i never use MOTO , i know it little. people around me using Moto are few, just my intuition about it. Hope to take no offense to you.

griswald

Reaction score
Geek squad just replaced my RAZR HD maxx with an s4 two days ago. First impressions are it has a much better screen but feels cheap compared to the heft and materials on the maxx. Never felt like I needed a case for the maxx but the s4 definitely needs one.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
To be honest, i don't know, just a feeling. Just like i said it before, i never use MOTO , i know it little. people around me using Moto are few, just my intuition about it. Hope to take no offense to you.

None taken at all don't worry about it.

I'm just trying to open up more possible choices. If you don't feel comfortable in purchasing Moto then you don't have to. I have some brands I won't even touch anymore due to prior experiences and admittedly I have steered a few away from those specific manufacturers (not on this board though).

I can only have so much say in a person's decision and it's their phone not mine, so ultimately its their decision. I just try to keep peoples minds open to trying a new make or model. If one thing I can recommend is to check out whatever device and see if you like it yourself. I would personally take anyone's suggestions about a phone with a grain of salt.

If anything try out devices for maybe 5-10min each. If you don't like it then move to the next demo phone. I personally believe if I'm going to sign a new contract and use this phone for the next 18mo or so I want to make sure I give every phone I considered and even the ones that just happen to catch my eye a chance. You may have your mind set on a specific device but you should keep it open a bit just to check out some other devices.

Just my .02

NOVICE

Reaction score
Would be interested in seeing a phone from Lenovo. I'm currently a fan of Samsung, but Lenovo is doing some interesting things with their computers.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Would be interested in seeing a phone from Lenovo. I'm currently a fan of Samsung, but Lenovo is doing some interesting things with their computers.
The jump from computer to cell phone seems to be a huge leap. Look at Asus, they've already made two Nexus 7 tablets, but still no word of an Asus phone.

OP
D

droidshine

Reaction score
None taken at all don't worry about it.

I'm just trying to open up more possible choices. If you don't feel comfortable in purchasing Moto then you don't have to. I have some brands I won't even touch anymore due to prior experiences and admittedly I have steered a few away from those specific manufacturers (not on this board though).

I can only have so much say in a person's decision and it's their phone not mine, so ultimately its their decision. I just try to keep peoples minds open to trying a new make or model. If one thing I can recommend is to check out whatever device and see if you like it yourself. I would personally take anyone's suggestions about a phone with a grain of salt.

If anything try out devices for maybe 5-10min each. If you don't like it then move to the next demo phone. I personally believe if I'm going to sign a new contract and use this phone for the next 18mo or so I want to make sure I give every phone I considered and even the ones that just happen to catch my eye a chance. You may have your mind set on a specific device but you should keep it open a bit just to check out some other devices.

Just my .02

yeah, good suggestion! I really indeed need to keep it open just to check out some other devices.

OP
D

droidshine

Reaction score
Comparing with a Lenovo phone, i would prefer to have a Lenovo computer. As for Samsung, i would choose its cellphone instead of its computer.

Dr.

Reaction score
DancingNexushtc, iphone , sumsung , sony, or .......dancedroid

I've tried sumsung, iphone and nexus...so.. what can i say is that all af them have thier pluses as well as minuses. Like, iphone for example, has a magnificent interface and incredable usability, apple feeds people with the glitz they are looking for, notwithstanding that, in case you want to play apps, entertain with all possible apps - iphone will do it in the right way, with the bettery saved. On the other hand, sumsung, despite the need of charging the battery over and over, has (4s) the greatest i guess hd quality at a display i've ever seen, but the same old battery kills, the other good side is camera, simply amazing! well, iphone 5 is nice too, but sumsumg galaxy 4s has 13.2 mgpxl that simply drives me crazy when i take pictures&video.

Hope it was informative