Which Apps 2 SD app are you using successfully?

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
The ones I had used in the past don't seem to complete out even start the task. When I go through the list of those pegged as moveable, none actually have the option shown to allow them to be moved.

The card formatted in FAT32 fine, it is a Sandisk Mobile Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC 30 MB/sec read speed.
Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have not used an apps2sd app in so long, I have no idea which work the best. Unlike my og droid, these phones have so much internal phone storage that it has not been necessary for me to move apps to my sd card.

Some apps can not and should not be moved, which a good apps2sd app will list those appropriately. Some may have the ability to be moved but will work poorly or lose some features if moved. I wonder if with ICS, the option to move apps has changed? Maybe because any phone with ICS has more than enough internal storage for 100's of apps. You used to be able to move apps from apps manager by going to the app you want to move. If it was safe to move, there was an option to move to sdcard. But that option is no longer there.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Why do you need an app to do it. This is a native feature since Gingerbread. Any app that is setup to be able to be moved will allow you. Just go to Manage apps and go through the list. No need for another app.

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
+ on edit-Must have been typing as you posted. I did try to go into storage and do that. I must not understand the correct steps and was not successful. Under Manage Internal Storage , it only allows moving of pics, movies, songs, but no apps.

If they don't wish you to move apps to the SD card, then why do they include a card slot and inform the owner it can use a 32GB micro card?

Every Apps2SD app either states "this app cannot be used with this device" ( or close to that), or when it shows those apps which can be moved, it does not include a provision to actually click on to make that move occur.

The app does include a little "x" to denote those apps which should not be moved.

It doesn't make sense to include the provision for extra storage space, but then make it impossible to make use of it. Similar to include an axillary fuel tank, and weld the cap on.

I know people are buying up to 64GB cards, but I am not sure how they are transferring app over to them.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You're going to the wrong area. When on your home screen hit the menu button, then Manage Apps. This will take you to a list of all your apps. Hit the "All" tab then pick an app. If it can be moved there will be a button highlighted that says move to "media area" and that will do it. If its not able to be moved, the button will be there but not highlighted.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Here's a couple screen shots showing what I mean
uploadfromtaptalk1351417879424.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351417892253.jpg

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That was exactly the recommendation I was going to make but that feature is no longer available on ICS... or maybe it is not ICS but my Razr M. I will have to check to see if it is available on my og Razr Maxx.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
TxDoc said:
If they don't wish you to move apps to the SD card, then why do they include a card slot and inform the owner it can use a 32GB micro card?

It doesn't make sense to include the provision for extra storage space, but then make it impossible to make use of it. Similar to include an axillary fuel tank, and weld the cap on.

I know people are buying up to 64GB cards, but I am not sure how they are transferring app over to them.

The card slot for the external sd card is so you have enough space to store your music, pictures, video, media, documents, backups, some data and some settings. Believe me, without the extra storage you would either not be taking and saving many pics, storing music, videos, etc, etc. That extra storage fills up pretty fast. The internal storage is dedicated for apps, data, settings, and is more than enough space for those things. With almost 200 apps on my phone, I still have 2gb storage left for more apps. But if you try to put your pics on the internal storage, you will run out of space very fast...hence the sd card.

nmscuba

Reaction score
So that's it? We can't move apps to the external SD card then? That screen shot you show above is not on the Maxx HD with Jellybean