Micro SD cards for HD/MAXX HD | Class 10 32GB vs 64GB

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's it, I'm done with these class 10 cards, even my 32GB card craps out. Loaded music on it yesterday, wen't to play it, and it quit half way through, all the songs, all of them. Android then reported the card blank, blank! Popped the card in my laptop and everything is still there...

I'm done, sticking with class 4 cards proven to work on a daily basis...

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Haha that's awful luck man. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha that's awful luck man. :(

No kidding. So dumb. Done with SanDisk lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

bohemouth

Reaction score
I had all kinds of problems with my 32gb that I bought online for really cheap (that exact one, but through ebay / amazon). On the M and on the Maxx HD... it was just always real finicky, and things would randomly go to the Lost.Dir folder.

Best Buy has Sandisk Ultra Class 10's on sale (just picked up a 16gb for $10). I'm going to stick them into my Maxx HD (yes...) and see how it goes this time around - 16gb vs. 32gb, Best Buy vs. random online... we'll see. :blink:

I was nervous about buying an sd card online too and radio shack has the 32 gb for 27.00. good luck.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I was a bit worried about buying my current scandisk SD card w/ all the refurbished ones that kept coming up whenever I searched to see if any 64gb were on sale.

I'd rather have gotten another Samsung since they have a good rep for flash memory, but the scandisk was on sale & it's worked fine for me so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yea the SanDisk 32gig class 4 work flawlessly.

jp233

Reaction score
I had nothing but problems with a SanDisk 32GB Class 4 card, in my regular ol' RAZR. (See my other post in the RAZR Support forum.) Maybe the newer HD versions are a little different in some way.

Returned it and got a Microcenter branded 32GB card, Class 10. It was long-formatted in Win7 with FAT32 and 16kb allocation chunk. Then erased/formatted in the device. So far, it has worked fine.

It took quite a while for all the pics/vids to show up in My Gallery (about 3.6GB worth), I assume to make all the thumbnail files. It certainly would drain a lot of battery for the first day or 2 after I loaded all the data, and the stock ICS battery page would show Android OS using 50%+ on the usage even with the phone sitting idle doing nothing else...... had never seen that before (normally the screen uses the most).

Anyways, I now have about 15GB of music on the new Microcenter card, and I did the "Shuffle All" thing yesterday while working outside for a few hours. It worked fine, but I'm going to keep an eye on it regardless due to all the comments about the Class 10 cards. If anything goes awry, I'll certainly post back.

I'm going to let this thing run until probably past the holidays, and then burn on 215 and see if I can increase battery life. Maybe even go nuts and root it. Or better yet find a way to upgrade to a Maxx HD without breaking the bank.

jp233

Reaction score

altus

Reaction score
jelly bean ota

Hi

has anyone tried if the issue is fixed when installing the leaked jelly bean OTA ?

Thanks,
Altus

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Hi

has anyone tried if the issue is fixed when installing the leaked jelly bean OTA ?

Thanks,
Altus

Can't say if it helps for those with issues since I haven't had any myself on ICS, JB leak, JB OTA, or any of the custom ROMs I've ran on my Razr HD so far(knock on wood).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

anonymous-x

Reaction score
What's next?

@ lovemyram4x4
What do you think will be your next cell phone?
I'm thinking of getting the RazrHD while waiting for something better.

snowman

Reaction score
I know in the sound buis. stay away from Sandisk they are just the worst.
pay a few bucks more and get a better quality card
I like the transend cards or the samsung cards on e-bay are good just get a class 10 for Video speed

Anonymous just got the Maxx Hd and love it so far only had it a few days maybe the SG S4 down the road?/ who knows heck this maxx hd is smokin' good for a while

Axem get rid of the Sandisk I bet your problems go with it

JesseMoore62

Reaction score
SanDisk Is the worst? How and why are they so horrible? And what is the suggestion for an alternative??