which android to buy for wife

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nooter99, Apr 30, 2010.

1. nooter99

nooter99 New Member

I've had my droid since December, now the wife wants one or something similar. She's due for a Verizon upgrade. Does anyone know where I can get the cheapest prices for the Droid, incredible, eris etc. Only want brand new, no refurbished or used from eBay. Is the Verizon store my only option?
  2. FootballRef

FootballRef New Member

Amazon Wireless or Wirefly would be cheaper than Verizon
  3. li2327

li2327 New Member

Best Buy seems to have the best phone prices. You get the rebate price versus going to the Verizon store.
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Personally, I find it easiest to support the better half when she's on the same hardware.
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin Member

I would suggest Incredible..

I wish there was like a site to show which Verizon store has good customer service

Example :

I have 2 verizon stores where I live (close to me) and both of them are 1.5 mile apart.. First store has the friendliest people/managers working..Manager gave me free deals on stuff, reps know what they were talking about ...

I just stopped at the second store just to look at new phones long time ago, managers were rude.. reps were forcing people to buy stuff that they don't need. Walked out of there and never went back..
  6. rwdfan

rwdfan Member

Hmmm, maybe you can get an Incredible, compare it personally to your Droid, and choose which one you like. If you want the Incredible, spiff up the Droid, and give it to your wife! :icon_ lala:

Or, if you don't like fry pan dents in your head, just give her whatever new one you get... :hail:
  7. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

I suggest buying the Droid that you want most because that's how it is going to end up anyway, isn't it? :)
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

My wife is very happy with the Droid. I'm amazed at how happy she is with it. She came from a Blackberry Curve.

Just for grins and giggles I tried to price an Incredible at Amazon and they don't seem to have them.
  9. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

I just got my wife a Droid from Amazon for her birthday. She's very happy with it (she came from a blackberry curve too...). I think it came out to $140 total using the upgrade I had available. It's even cheaper for new line of service.
  10. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Cheepest deals you will get is going to be sites like wirefly.. or the one in my signature. But for that extra savings on out of pocket expense you will have to agree to other terms outside Verizon's TOS agreement.

Big box stores is going to be the next cheepest place to buy. And usually do not have the "extra" terms (in other words more ETF's)

As for what to get her. The incredible is the latest and greatest. And personally that's what I'd buy. Regardless if for me or my wife. But it will be the most expensive. The only other one I would even consider would be the Droid. The Eris will soon fade away to a distant memory of "the device your glad you never got"
    If I had to say the best place to buy.... would be Verizon's online site. No pressure of a "sales man", reasonable prices with instant rebates, and directly from the source. So you will never have to worry about proper support.