Where is my "blocking" mode.

Riderbob

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have done the latest update along with an FDR. Reading an article from Samsung about 10 hidden features of the S4. I don't remember seeing blocking mode before the update but the article says it is here now. Was quite excited hoping for something a little like smart actions.
Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hey all,
I have done the latest update along with an FDR. Reading an article from Samsung about 10 hidden features of the S4. I don't remember seeing blocking mode before the update but the article says it is here now. Was quite excited hoping for something a little like smart actions.
Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Verizon is not allowing the blocking mode to be activated at this time. Maybe a future update, similar to getting the Wifi toggle with the last update.

BTW, why not update your profile and show the S4 a little love. It's a great device.

OP
Riderbob

Riderbob

Reaction score
Yep. VZW.
Thanks for the information. I wonder why VZW will not allow. I found it on my note 8.0 and really love the lack of interruptions.
Forgot all about updating my profile. It is time to give the S4 a little love.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There is a reject list is that not the same thing?

galaxy s4
It's the same thing, but Verizon charges you past 5 numbers I believe. They took out the blocking feature so you can pay for their service. Crooks...

droidworld

Reaction score
It's the same thing, but Verizon charges you past 5 numbers I believe. They took out the blocking feature so you can pay for their service. Crooks...

Oh got it. Vzw does find ways to "block" us don't they

galaxy s4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This is what I found blocking mode is:

Blocking Mode

Do you have a bug-a-boo stalking you? Is there a creep who keeps calling? The Samsung Galaxy S4 lets you keep them away with the blocking mode. It restricts notifications and calls from all but your approved contacts - and that can be at all times, or just during the hours you choose.*

Seems to be roughly the same as call reject but more general. /shrug

Sent from my Galaxy s4 via Tapatalk 4