Where is Koush and the CM team?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Why don't they make more of an appearance here on DF?? I know I can just as easily reach them on IRC but it's so nice having a repository for CM related. Their forum is balls lol

USCChem

Reaction score
What's wrong with their forum?

Either way, that's why you don't see them here, especially since the CM team develops for way more than droids.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
There are maybe 4-5 posts a day in the entire Moto Droid section of the forum and the devs themselves do not post on them.

KingTee

Reaction score
They have hardly been here and i don't think they ever will. They are mostly on their irc i think.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
See the thing is, these devs are an active team. They are all over IRC and twitter doing their support thing.

My question is, why isn't this directed to DF in any way? If I had the incredible team of CM on my side, I would send subordinates to DF, other forums, to be the ringmasters for those forums. I'm just saying.

But if theres an unspoken rule like you said Bob Damnit, there should be more sub forums deleted then, right?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I seem to remember an unspoken rule that DF wanted Devs to be active here to have a sub board.

actually this would be incorrect. They can run their sections as they see fit. The level of support they provide is their call.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Every ROM and developer is different. For CM, IRC is the way to get things done.

mjones73

Reaction score
The irc channel is best for support. It's not exactly difficult to get to, you can even do it on your Droid with Andchat.

forkup

Reaction score
Since no one seems to remember I'll refresh your memories. Cyanogen was snubbed on this forum and actually banned his first visit here. I won't go into further detail so don't ask but suffice it to say I doubt you ever see many posts from the CM team here. As mentioned above they have their own forums also.

Reaction score
cyanogen is an htc thing...we're just lucky enough that they branched out through koush and others to bring it to droids of all flavors..they might not be that active here, and i cant stand going to the deserted droid section on the cyanogenmod.com forum, but they come out with product that makes us fiends keep comin back for more and thats what i appreciate...if you really need something, take the time to get on irc and ask them...plain and simple.