Where did Ringtones go?

LTranter

Reaction score
I purchased 3 ringtones directly from Verizon. They came through in 1 text to my Ally and I clicked Download and they appeared to do just that; however, I can't find them anywhere and they are not being picked up as ringtone choices. The download link is also gone from the text.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

L

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Are they .mp3 files?

Look in the music player they could show up there (if they are, longpress on each file and it should pop up a menu giving you the option to "set as ringtone"). If not, find a decent file manager on the Market (Some would say Astro File Manager, I use Estrongs File Manager) and look under the "download" folder on your sdcard.

If they are .mp3 files they will not show up in the Ringtone box in Settings. I know because I've used the same custom .mp3 ringtone since my Palm Treo 700wx.

Flintphone.mp3

Last edited:

wyrdmage

Reaction score
In order to make them show up in the ringtones list u need to make a folder in the root of your sdcard called "RingtonesD and put them in there. The android OS automatically adds all audio files in that folder to the ringtone list, but for some reason doesn't create it on its own. o_O you might also want to create "Notifications" and "Alarms" folders so u can customize those as well.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App