Custom ringtones not working.

Aversion

Reaction score
I have downloaded a few ringtones from Mabilo ringtones. They were all working until recently.

No custom ringtones are working for any contact. Only my default ringtone is playing.

However 2 other things I downloaded from Mabilo ringtones; Email/Message sound are both working when I receive a text or an email. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Aslo: I am running the Fission like ROM on my D2G if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

rbruceporter

Reaction score
I have never had any issue with custom ringtones assigned to a contact, my guess would be it is some interaction with the Fission rom, or perhaps the contacts were "refreshed", are the custom ringtones still showing as assigned to their respective contacts?

OP
A

Aversion

Reaction score
I have never had any issue with custom ringtones assigned to a contact, my guess would be it is some interaction with the Fission rom, or perhaps the contacts were "refreshed", are the custom ringtones still showing as assigned to their respective contacts?

The ringtones still show as assigned when I click contacts that have there ringtones.

Im so confused :eek:

If it is the Fission rom then its a bug because I had fission for about a week now and they were working fine. I havent done any changes since then.

ziltoid

Reaction score
Edit.

Wrong thread

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

Aversion

Reaction score
Download tonepicker from the market and see if it will fix it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Edit: nevermind, wrong thread for that guy.

Last edited:

rbruceporter

Reaction score
Sounds like something overrode your settings for your contacts. You can set specific ringtones for each contact, but you have to of course do it one at a time. Any contact you do not set a ringtone for will get the default one.

Hope this helps.

OP
A

Aversion

Reaction score
I set a view ringtones for a few contacts.. only the default ringtone is playing..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is the sdcard mounted? Can't play a ringtone unless it can access the sdcard.

OP
A

Aversion

Reaction score
Its mounted. I just unmounted and mounted again to see if that helps.. gonna try it now..

Edit: didn't work :/

Anyone have any input on this? This is driving me nuts and Im about to restore to stock because of it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Last edited: