Where can I get a longer cord?

Neko

Reaction score
Where can I get a longer cord for my Droid X? I have to tether my laptop to get on the net and my 3G is horrible where I live. I have to place my phone in a certain hotspot of my livingroom and I hate sitting on the floor with my laptop, a longer cord would help me out, does anyone sell longer cords for the Droid X and where?

Thanks!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're rooted... just use the wireless tether app in the Market...

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Why not use wireless to tether

why oh why did verizon have to get the iphone

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
I'm not rooted.....

I dont know what "wireless to tether" is.

Just looking for a longer cord ;-)

What would you have to do to "wireless to tether"?

Last edited:

naman919

Reaction score
To the OP. i always get cables from MonoPrice (HDMI, etc) and they work perfectly.

Here's a 15ft cable you could use:
For only $1.67 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 15ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated) | USB 2.0 Cables - Micro-B Type

Also, if that's not long enough, look on their site and you can get a usb extension cable as well. There might be a longer micro usb cord too, i just saw 15ft as the max while quickly looking.

Go to monoprice.com then click cables and on the left hand side select USB. Scroll down to where it says micro and any of those will work for your phone. Select USB to USB for a longer, extension cable.

Hope that helps. Oh, and select the cheap shipping. they're like newegg and the shipping is super fast even when it says it will take a while.

musicman

Reaction score
Wireless to tether is just an app that allows you to tether without a cord. You can root your device very easily and download the app so you won't need 50 feet, or whatever the length, of cord.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
Thank you for all the information everyone!

I will look into all. I didnt even make my first Verizon payment yet, got my bill for $5**.00 for my new phone but dont want to brick it, I'd like to see about rooting and tether that way but I"M SO SCARED!!

Where can I find info on this?

musicman

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel. I was the same way. Fortunately this forum has all the help you erl ever need. Check out the different hacking sections and take your time. If done correctly it is very easy and safe. I will warn you though, once you start you will be addicted:)

Sbeck

Reaction score
Amen to that. I was scared to root but the guys here guided me through it and I won't go back ever. I've almost convinced myself to load the Liberty rom but haven't pulled the trigger.......YET!!!

Sent from my DROIDX

musicman

Reaction score
Pul the trigger man. It is well worth it. I have flashed several roms and my favorites so far are rubix and liberty. Just be sure you make a backup.

Sbeck

Reaction score
Well I did the backup from the Droid bootstrap and from titanium backup and copied those over to my pc....so I guess I'm all covered to try it. I'm running ADW Launcher EX now and I like it as a home screen replacement. Tell me what Liberty or Rubix will gain me and will I lose anything like HDMI out???

Sent from my DROIDX

musicman

Reaction score
Well lets see, the biggest change when flashing a custom rom is probably the speed and look of the phone. You can still use ADW with a custom rom, but the roms that don't have moto blur usually don't have the hdmi. If that is a big deal for you I would recommend a rom with blur. One of my favorite things to do is flash different themes and making my X look exactly like I want it to.There are so many things that each custom rom will offer that my best recommendation is to check out the dedicated threads to each rom you are interested in. Enjoy!