X Battery Help & Power Cord

Moroney167

Reaction score
Got my Droid X finally. LOVE IT. Deff better than I expected and thought it was. So sure enough all good to say. Few things I need help with:

1- Battery life

Only day one but i've only got to work and its down 10%.... I just want to make sure this thing makes it a full day of just regular texting here and there and a few phone calls. I don't think I have any apps open but how do I know its not killingmy batter with tasks. I got mixed reviews about the "task killers" helping and hurting. Advise!?!?!

2- Extended Battery

Much help? Where should I get it if I go that route and how much more does it stick out of the back of the phone.

3- Power cord

Bought used, my own mistake, however how long is your home charger cord. I can't even reach my nightstand with it plugged in the wall and that is rediculous. Does Verizon or anyone make a cord thats like 20ft long so I don't have to hug the wall if I just wanna lay in bed and use my phone or play onit.

Thanks,
Jim

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome phone!!
1- all of these do that so you're fine. You'll notice that 90% - 80% takes A LOT longer than 100% - 90%.
2- just got an extended battery (VZ brand D2) for my D1 and I'm impressed!!
3- the included charger is VERY short but, you can get a charger only (no USB) from VZ and its MUCH longer.

Got my Droid X finally. LOVE IT. Deff better than I expected and thought it was. So sure enough all good to say. Few things I need help with:

1- Battery life

Only day one but i've only got to work and its down 10%.... I just want to make sure this thing makes it a full day of just regular texting here and there and a few phone calls. I don't think I have any apps open but how do I know its not killingmy batter with tasks. I got mixed reviews about the "task killers" helping and hurting. Advise!?!?!

2- Extended Battery

Much help? Where should I get it if I go that route and how much more does it stick out of the back of the phone.

3- Power cord

Bought used, my own mistake, however how long is your home charger cord. I can't even reach my nightstand with it plugged in the wall and that is rediculous. Does Verizon or anyone make a cord thats like 20ft long so I don't have to hug the wall if I just wanna lay in bed and use my phone or play onit.

Thanks,
Jim

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Deff seems to last longer since emailing a fwe people and a long phone call that it isn't moving as much. One friend with his says he can sometime make it 2 days with his battery. Im just use to smart phones not making a full day so im nervous. The blackberry could go 2 almost 3 days with my use so. Even playin a game or something once a day I hope doesn't kill it. I just want to know from 8 am to 8 pm my phone makes it. All I ask for with normal use. I understand its new to me and im doing nothing but playing and toying around with it.

Would you recommend the "beautiful widgets" app.. Few people did just curious. I would like a better weather app as well as clock and on for home screen.

I"ll be going to verizon today to get a case cause i'll break this thing FAST!. And that long cable.

May go otterbox not sure yet. I had the superduty one for BB and was to big im not a contractor. Just a reckless person. So the basic one or perhaps anythign with a belt clip.

Do the screens scratch easy or are they like the iphone screens

Awesome phone!!
1- all of these do that so you're fine. You'll notice that 90% - 80% takes A LOT longer than 100% - 90%.
3- the included charger is VERY short but, you can get a charger only (no USB) from VZ and its MUCH longer.

1- Battery life

2- Extended Battery

3- Power cord

Thanks,
Jim

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah my Storm2 would last about 2 or so days on a singles charge but I charge my Droid every night while I sleep (not using it then anyway! :) ). Truth be told, I use my Droid WAYYY more than I did my BlackBerry so that's 99% of it.
Beautiful widgets is pretty nice! Battery life CAN be affected by it though as it is updating constantly so I'd run a day with and without it just to see the effect it has for you.
Otterbox is extremely solid but can be a bit bulky for some. A good alternative if your not say a construction worker is the shell/holster combo. I use one for my D1 and I love it!! Getting it with a charger will save you 20% off of each too! And they both come with a one year warranty!

Thanks so much, Deff seems to last longer since emailing a fwe people and a long phone call that it isn't moving as much. One friend with his says he can sometime make it 2 days with his battery. Im just use to smart phones not making a full day so im nervous. The blackberry could go 2 almost 3 days with my use so. Even playin a game or something once a day I hope doesn't kill it. I just want to know from 8 am to 8 pm my phone makes it. All I ask for with normal use. I understand its new to me and im doing nothing but playing and toying around with it.

Would you recommend the "beautiful widgets" app.. Few people did just curious. I would like a better weather app as well as clock and on for home screen.

I"ll be going to verizon today to get a case cause i'll break this thing FAST!. And that long cable.

May go otterbox not sure yet. I had the superduty one for BB and was to big im not a contractor. Just a reckless person. So the basic one or perhaps anythign with a belt clip.

Do the screens scratch easy or are they like the iphone screens

Awesome phone!!

1- Battery life

2- Extended Battery

3- Power cord

Thanks,
Jim

DroidForums junkie!!

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
M

Moroney167

Reaction score
Thanks again for the info!

Just installed the droid forum app and this is awesome! Way easier to do!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's why we're here! :)
Yeah, MUCH faster than the browser!! Haha! Check out our sister site too @ www.driodxforums.com (app also)!

Thanks again for the info!

Just installed the droid forum app and this is awesome! Way easier to do!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!!