Where are my siri like voice commands

Xproplayer

Reaction score
So just a few days ago I discovered the voice actions which allow me to create timers reminder to send text messages messages etc. Where are these in ice cream sandwich update I cannot find them everytime I try and do a voice command using google search it just does the search instead of actually creating a reminder. Sorry this is worded weird, I used voice to write it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

pjo1966

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
According to the Voice Actions page for the RAZR, these are the valid commands:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/79414/p/30,6720,8417

With ICS, these should all be included in the "Voice Search" app.

I occasionally do Voice Texting while I'm driving. Usually I have to wait a few seconds before the text would appear. I had my eyes on the road, so I don't know if it's instant since the update, but it's certainly much quicker and seemed more accurate.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Here is a tip that I use:

I mapped my voice command app to my "home" key so to launch the app from anywhere I simply tap on the home key twice and it launches VC. I use it mostly for dialing and really havent tried it for anything else yet. The one thing I have noticed though is recognition seemed to be better on GB than ICS.

EDIT: Just realized that the default for ICS is a long press on the search button below the screen to launch voice command. It will launch a short tutorial the first time you use it too...

David

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Android has had voice commands for a long time now. However, they're more limited than what Siri does on the iPhone.

That changes with Jelly Bean though. Jelly Bean includes a much more in depth voice search/command system that, at least in early comparisons, bests Siri in pretty much everything. This isn't in ICS though. There are some apps you can download that mimic Siri, but they don't include the integration that Jelly Bean does.

GBJeffOH

Reaction score
Siri V Razr

Why does my Razr Maxx not work like this?

[video=youtube;9JXIIieyRI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JXIIieyRI0[/video]

brucefulton

Reaction score
Don't enter them at google search. Press and hold the search button at the bottom of the phone. Then voice commands app will open.

Also, a more Siri-like app is scheduled for Jelly Bean. It's not clear whether razr will eventually get GB or not.

So just a few days ago I discovered the voice actions which allow me to create timers reminder to send text messages messages etc. Where are these in ice cream sandwich update I cannot find them everytime I try and do a voice command using google search it just does the search instead of actually creating a reminder. Sorry this is worded weird, I used voice to write it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk