Voice Commands not working

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, kawipoo - same problem resolved by your fix. I have now gone ahead and disabled Google Play...

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, one more question. The only option available that I saw was to reset the app back to its factory settings, which I did. That solved the problem of Voice Commands not working. But then later in the day I noticed that the app was updating. I realized I had allowed the app to auto-update. Once again, Voice Commands stopped working. I cannot find how to set the updates to be manual instead of automatic. Can anybody help?

I have noticed the same thing. I just now disabled the app and hopefully that will stop all updates.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
OK, one more question. The only option available that I saw was to reset the app back to its factory settings, which I did. That solved the problem of Voice Commands not working. But then later in the day I noticed that the app was updating. I realized I had allowed the app to auto-update. Once again, Voice Commands stopped working. I cannot find how to set the updates to be manual instead of automatic. Can anybody help?

You can disable the app if you're not going to use it. Also, to disable auto update, go into play store, settings, auto update, select do not auto update...but this will do so for all apps, not one specific one. Hope that helps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

chhare

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the toggle for auto-updates. I would not have thought to look in the Play Store.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Remember that just like Cybert said, turning off auto-updates will turn them off for ALL apps. I think if you will uninstall all updates on Play Music and then disable the app (from manage apps) it should stop it completely and forever. That way you can still have the auto updates for the other apps.

mbuebel

Reaction score
great suggestion, but....

Try uninstalling the latest update of Play Music. Voice Commands should then work.

this is such an old post, i worry you no longer have this phone. i never used voice commands b/c i used to simply hold down the magnifying glass on the right, and i was able to speak commands to the phone. ever since i got an "upgrade" a while ago, this function has ceased. do you know anything about this? do you know how to bring back this functionality?

thanks!

michael buebel

mbuebel

Reaction score
Remember that just like Cybert said, turning off auto-updates will turn them off for ALL apps. I think if you will uninstall all updates on Play Music and then disable the app (from manage apps) it should stop it completely and forever. That way you can still have the auto updates for the other apps.

I wish I knew what all the apps were for. When I consider disabling the factory-installed apps, it always says doing so may hurt other programs. i assume there are quite a few running that i don't need or want, which are slowing down my speed. do you know which ones are junk?

also i just emailed the guy who said to uninstall the google play updates. asked him if he knows how to enable the magnifying glass to allow voice recognition again. it used to, but now when i push it, it brings me to another page where i have to touch a very small microphone with my finger--dangerous while driving. it then works fine, but i want to eliminate that step for driving safety.

thanks,
michael bueebel

kooshie

Reaction score
If you list the apps you want to disable I'm sure someone can tell you if its alright to do so. I don't think you need to worry about Google play music interfering any longer there have been several updates since then. Once you press and hold the magnifying glass you do not need to press the microphone, simply say "OK Google" and say what you would like Google to do for you.

Hope this helps.