Where are boot logos located?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the red moto logo.bin that I took from another rom. Can I just flash it in cw? Also where in root explorer is the boot logo located? Thanks!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

RUKKUS

Reaction score
I have the red moto logo.bin that I took from another rom. Can I just flash it in cw? Also where in root explorer is the boot logo located? Thanks!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

our buddy JRummy has an app for that.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't want the app. I'd just like to know which folder the boot logo is on my phone. Everyone knows the bootanimation is in data/ local or system/media but where is the boot logo kept? I'm not asking about d2 boot logo changer. Thanks

Also, once again, can I just flash the boot logo file in clockwork?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I would like to think it is in /system/bin folder. Not entirely sure about it. I'm ripping apart each file to see if it is in there.

Also, I would think that you would have to properly zip up the file in order for it to successfully change your boot logo.

I was going to make a custom motorola logo for you but unfortunately my Eye Candy plugin expired and none of the other plugins will show up on my Photoshop CS5 which leaves me with raw tools and not much to customize it.

stevewest87

Reaction score
Personally I would just like to know how to change your boot audio, so I can have the transformer logo and audio

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Someone did that very thing you want awhile ago. Changed the logo to some transformer logo and had some sort of transformer audio replacing the "Droiiiiiiid!" sound.

It was a complicated procedure to do that but they did it from what I recall. Where that thread/post is... is beyond me, lol.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I know our phones are different, but I've only been able to change the logo with rsd lite. In fact, every tutorial I've read has you put the logo in a sbf file. Look around the forum for "shibbley"(sp?) boot logo changer. It takes your image and puts it in a sbf for you. I don't think cw will work.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's amazing that a bootanimation is so easy to change out, but the logo is elusive

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally I would just like to know how to change your boot audio, so I can have the transformer logo and audio

You're talking about the bootanimation. I'm asking about the boot logo. I want to change out the liberty fist. The toolbox does it easy enough, i just would like to know how to do it manually

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Every site, thread, post I've looked at has suggested that you do it by using the SBF procedure. But all of the mentions about this procedure is dated back to early 2010 and mid 2010. I figured there would be an easier way to do this by now instead of using the SBF file. Weird.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
See... this makes me curious because I've created boot logos before and it has to be in a BMP format and later changed to .BIN. This gets me curious because this file IS in fact in one of the folders somewhere and when I ripped apart some files that may have looked like the boot logo file, I would revert .BIN back to BMP and that would yield nothing.

I think I'm going to reflash my custom logo, which has a unique name, and see if I can spot it in one of the folders unless for some reason after flashing it, it changes the file name to something else to hide it or not be able to find it.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Well, I flashed a custom logo. Nothing turned up anywhere. This leads me to believe there just may be a hidden partition where these go that we can't even access even through Root Explorer.

Last idea for me to try is to decompile jrummy's Boot Logo Changer and figure out how his app works and where it is sending the logo.bin off to.