Where are boot logos located?

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I found a thread on mydroidworld concerning this. It spoke of putting the file in a LogoReplacer.zip and flashing it that way, but it's not as easy as taking the logo.bin file and zipping it in such a zip. Basically, I took the red moto logo.bin from zombiestomped and wanted to flash it while on liberty. Not a fan of the yellow fist ;) I just figured it would be super easy, just like changing out a bootanimation, but alas it is not. I suppose it's not that big a deal. Thanks everyone for their input!

Oh, and i looked everywhere in root explorer! Wtf?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Snow02

Reaction score
It is as easy as putting the bin file in the root of the sd card (named logo.bin) and flashing it using the liberty toolbox.

Snow02

Reaction score
And they are stored in the radio memory, btw. Which is why you can't see it in root explorer.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome so just put it on the root, go into the toolbox and install from sd? Easy peasy! Cheers my good sir! That's what i was looking for

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Do you just take the image and name the file logo.bin? Does it have to be a certain image type or a certain size?

Updated from my GingerHoney LGBD2 @ 1.2 GHz

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe yes. The reason I'm not sure is because the image i used was pulled from a rom (i took the red moto logo.bin from zombiestomped). I remember reading that it needs to be a certain size.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Would you be opposed to sharing yours? I have a special place in my heart for Motorola red ;)

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You helped me with the dark apps zip which I'm really grateful for so of course I can. Let me upload to dropbox. Hold up

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. So i created a zip with a bunch of logos and boot animations. I highly recommend the stealth boot animation. Trust me. Toss this in system/media and enjoy! It's a 16.6mb zip. Its the least I could do! Enjoy everyone!

http://db.tt/FuM1NFo

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Boot logo has to be 480px (width) by 182px (height). Border color has to be a single color 1px (cannot contain multiple colors or it will distort the entire image).

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Ok. So i created a zip with a bunch of logos and boot animations. I highly recommend the stealth boot animation. Trust me. Toss this in system/media and enjoy! It's a 16.6mb zip. Its the least I could do! Enjoy everyone!

http://db.tt/FuM1NFo

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

I dl's the zip.... Not sure what exactly to do with it...