When switching from the D1 to the Bionic is there a way to move all your apps?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a program out there that can record what apps I have and install them when I get the Bionic but it would be very useful.

I won't be rooted right away so forget Titanium Backup.

Any ideas?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I was under the impression that all of the aps you downloaded are tied to your account, so when you log in on your next phone, the market will download them all for you. Is this true?

alboboy10

Reaction score
I don't know if there is a program out there that can record what apps I have and install them when I get the Bionic but it would be very useful.

I won't be rooted right away so forget Titanium Backup.

Any ideas?

I like my back up pro it even remembers your settings and home screen. Might need to be rooted for that but for apps alone it's great

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, from what I know it only does the apps you paid for. The rest don't get moved.

To make it even more complex what if you buy from Amazon... it's not recorded on the Google server so it won't be remembered when you move to a new phone.

lemodular

Reaction score
True, only paid apps are restored through Google.

You will also have to download the Amazon Appstore app to restore those apps bought (or just downloaded) through Amazon. I saved my original Amazon app on the SD card and re-installed it on the new phone.

You will have to setup your mails and your screens again.

BTW, only contacts synced to google will be restored.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know why they limit it to paid apps. It would be just as easy to do all of them...

So if I got the free app of the day, will that transfer over once I download the Amazon Appstore?

Yeah I use K9 mail and it will take me hours to set it up again. Big pain.

Screens I can handle... it's a new bigger screen so I may change stuff.

I've been syncing my contacts more often now.

True, only paid apps are restored through Google.

You will also have to download the Amazon Appstore app to restore those apps bought (or just downloaded) through Amazon. I saved my original Amazon app on the SD card and re-installed it on the new phone.

You will have to setup your mails and your screens again.

BTW, only contacts synced to google will be restored.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Are you guys sure that only paid apps are restored? I've reset my D1 a few times and almost all of the apps restore from the market.

The only other way to make sure you have complete backups is to be rooted and use a backup application to transfer the .apk files. If you have apps that are no longer on the market because they've been pulled, it's possible they can't be restored without it.

Brandon

lemodular

Reaction score
A few "stock" free apps like google maps and my verizon gets automatically reloaded, but I'm sure I had to re-downloaded the rest.

What I meant by contacts syncing is to make sure that your contacts are stored on your Gmail acc. and not the phone (or yahoo).