When is the Gingerbread update for Droid Incredible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I recently just got the update to install GB on my D2G. My husband uses a Droid Incredible and is still on froyo. Has there been a GB update for the Droid Incredible yet? Thanks.

Timar99

Reaction score
there is 55 pages discussing this already...pls look before starting up another

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
there is 55 pages discussing this already...pls look before starting up another

Thanks, Junior Droid, for POSTING THAT LINK. Before posting on another thread in which you decide to correct someone, pls include the link. :icon_ lala: 55 pages....you couldn't find it easily enough to include? :icon_ banana:

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
The 55 page thread is directly above/ below yours in this section- not hard to find. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-general-discussions/151014-2-3-update.html
I know this as "Gingerbread", not 2.3. So why would I know to look at some 55 page thread whose title doesn't have the word "Gingerbread"?

Maybe you're a kid or adult who knows the lingo; I don't. I do expect that if I ask a question, I anticipate that those who respond will be helpful and not falsely pedantic. If I can help someone, I do. Enlightening, isn't it?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I know this as "Gingerbread", not 2.3. So why would I know to look at some 55 page thread whose title doesn't have the word "Gingerbread"?

Maybe you're a kid or adult who knows the lingo; I don't. I do expect that if I ask a question, I anticipate that those who respond will be helpful and not falsely pedantic. If I can help someone, I do. Enlightening, isn't it?

Calm down there. No need for the hostility. Most likely if you've heard Gingerbread, you've read it as 2.3, but Gingerbread sticks with you.

Word is it's supposed to be released "very soon", but those have been empty words from Vzw the past couple months.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
Mrs EB, cut the attitude right now. It's uncalled for.
What attitude? I received a snotty comment FROM YOU that I should have searched first as though I did not and then you didn't even INCLUDE the link. THAT is just plain rude and needs to be corrected ASAP. Then I'm supposed to know that 2.3 = Gingerbread? I think YOU ought to evaluate the rude attitude YOU HAVE to those of us who aren't technically savvy.

dezymond said:
Most likely if you've heard Gingerbread, you've read it as 2.3, but Gingerbread sticks with you.

Word is it's supposed to be released "very soon", but those have been empty words from Vzw the past couple months.
No I never knew that. Thank you for letting me know about the "very soon" release time. We'll see how soon that is. Thanks.

Timar99

Reaction score
ok, since I apparently came off as rude...ill try and make peace, sorry for not posting a link, didn't know I needed to and did not mean to sound offensive...everyone good now? thanks

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
What attitude? I received a snotty comment FROM YOU that I should have searched first as though I did not and then you didn't even INCLUDE the link. THAT is just plain rude and needs to be corrected ASAP. Then I'm supposed to know that 2.3 = Gingerbread? I think YOU ought to evaluate the rude attitude YOU HAVE to those of us who aren't technically savvy.

No I never knew that. Thank you for letting me know about the "very soon" release time. We'll see how soon that is. Thanks.

Chill Mrs EB. Do you think having that kind of attitude will help you find your answer? Enlightened is right. Each update has a code name, 2.3 is gingerbread. It should be coming very soon. No need to flip out over a comment.

The most incredible, incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.