What's your battery life like with out sacrificing too much.

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by djspy, Sep 25, 2012.

1. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Does any one here use their phone umm, normally? Ish.. I get about 3+ screen time on my phone right now. I have it on 3G all day do a lot of texting, a few calls and browse the web and use my social apps. It's not heavy heavy use because I don't really watch any videos or make long calls. I'm never on Wi-Fi, don't use Smart Actions or any kind of Battery extenders. I do have sync and GPS turned off unless I need it. I don't consider myself to be a heavy user. Moderate. Now I know that some people get better battery life but that's do to them sacrificing a lot of the phone's functionality. Does any one use the phone like I described? What is your battery life like?

2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Not sure if you have a Razr or a RazrMaxx. The difference between the two as far as battery life, assuming similar usage pattern, can be pretty dramatic. I use my phone pretty much the same as you and get at least 24-30 hours between charges. I had a Razr prior to the Maxx and was able to go all day (0600-2300) and have at least 50% battery left. I don't know if this information is helpful. There are several keys to prolonged battery life: 1) Turn your phone off (power off) before charging 2) use the charger and cable that came with your phone, 3) battery training...there are a number of threads on this forum written by FoxKat regarding how to "condition" your battery...it would be good to read them, 4) a big battery drainer is screen-on time and brightness...set you display to turn off after 30 seconds of non use and turn the brightness down to as low as you can...30% is a pretty good level in doors, 5) use WiFi when available for web browsing and downloading data instead of 3g/4g. Hope this helped.

3. TheHopper

TheHopper New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My use is very similar to what you have listed and some days my battery is at 30-40% in the early evening. If I turn on 4G then it is worse. I have looked at doing the MAXX battery swap but it seems like the risks outweigh the rewards.

4. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +200

I charge my phone late afternoon, so from 6 in the evening to to 7 in the morning I would be at 40% give or take 10%. I'm a night owl that texts etc. Nonstop for hours. About the same screen time. Now I have the maxx and it'll be at 70% in the am.

5. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the responses guys. It seems that I am getting the battery life I should be getting based on my use. I too wanted to do the Maxx upgrade but was too chicken to do it lol I sure I didn't have to worry and monitor my battery though.

6. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +200
    Also, my gsam battery meter said 23 hours with my razr and my razr maxx has it at 1 day 11 hours average battery life.

7. sniperf250

sniperf250 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Idk if it helps but i am a very heavy user there are times i have to charge my phone 2-3 times a day but my average is about 12-14 hours till 30% and thats if im using wifi but like now im in a 4g area and my battery life has plummeted but i will show u this which is my current all time record and i have the regular RAZR of course i hardly touched it in those 2 days obviously

Sent from my DROID RAZR IN BLUE! using Droid Forums

Attached Files: