Whats up with yahoo mail on the driod

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
ok so i had problems with yahoo mail ever since i got the droid in march i mean i go it to work on my phone but it doesnt notify me of new emails coming in the only way to find out if i got any new emails is if i go in the app and c other than that when i take the battery out and turn the phone back on it says i got a bunch of new emails. That is the only time it notifys me. So when i herd 2.1 was suppose to support yahoo emial i though this issue would be fixed but i still have the same problem with 2.1. Does anyone know anything bout this issue i would greatly appreciate it

chained22

Reaction score
the only way i have got a moto droid to work is use imap mail server, i do know that it will not connect if you use wifi and the whole thing with verizon say that you can sync is there way of saying just do this: go to mail icon
add account
enter email address in email address filed ([email protected])
enter password at password field
select MANUAL SETUP not next
select imap
username= [email protected]
password = yourpassword
imap server= imap.mail.yahoo.com
port=143
security=none
optional = blank
select next

you will then be prompted to sign in do so.

will then be taken to the smptp settings which only prompts (going form memory) you for address which is smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com. leave the port as is. then select next. sign in. name your account and that's it.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
i did that before and it let me sign me in to my account but still it doesnt notify me of new emails coming in