Trouble with yahoo email after 2.1

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
so i always had problems with yahoo mail on the droid since i got it back in febuary. i got yahoo to work on my droid but it doesnt notify of any new emails coming in. The only way i can tell if i got new emails is if i got to into my account and look or if i take the battery out and turn it back on then it says i got like 20 new emails but after that it doesnt notify me. I changed all the seetings and everything and it still didnt work. What people said is that yahoo is a hit or a miss for the droid so i just left it alone, but when i herd that 2.1 was suppose to support yahoo mial i was happy. A couple of days ago i got the update, so i backed up all my files using astro file manager and did a factory reset on my phone and downloaded the update. I set up my yahoo account after the update and yet again it doesnt notify me of new emails again. Im wondering if anyone knows anything about this and what i can do? I really like this phone i just wish yahoo worked fine. Im wondering is it my phone or something?

bffhusker

Reaction score
same experience

Exactly the same experience here. Anyone else?

rebelssof

Reaction score
I just searched the web and found the settings to set yahoo mail as pop e-mail and all is good. It notifies me when I have e-mail and the whole bit.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
I did all that changed all the settings and everything but still nothing i thought 2.1 was suppose to support yahoo email

bffhusker

Reaction score
Same here

Same here (again.) Followed above instructions. Just sat there...grind, grind. Wouldn't even load messages.

Mule65

Reaction score
Cycle power and it should work. My free Yahoo email is checked every 10 minutes -- good enough.

I had to remove HelixLauncher1 to get consistent notifications.

wyz

Reaction score
same

Same here...............
No notifications and if I send e mails from my phone to others it sends two of the same emails to that person.
Also if you check your mail on line it shows 2 in the send folder and if you send an attached picture you can't tell it was sent cause it doesn't show.
I tried my G mail and that has no issue of the sort
Your right yahoo is a hit and miss................

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I have just the opposite problem. I get a notification of the e-mail but then when I go to e-mail and choose not to read it, the notifications keep coming, and coming. The only way to stop the notifications is to actually open and read the message.

wyz

Reaction score
tried these settings and it fixed the noto....Thanks
double messages are still showing up in sent box but at least the receiver of the message is just getting one and not a bakers dozen :)
icon12.gif
icon14.gif