so whats up with yahoo mail and the droid?

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
I got the droid in feb and since then i have been having problems with yahoo mail. I can get it to work on phone but it doesnt notify of new emails coming in. I tried everything and yet Nothing works. I though2.1 was suppose to fix this? Im wondering what's up with yahoo email and if i have a problem with My phone?

diverbelow

Reaction score
I got the droid in feb and since then i have been having problems with yahoo mail. I can get it to work on phone but it doesnt notify of new emails coming in. I tried everything and yet Nothing works. I though2.1 was suppose to fix this? Im wondering what's up with yahoo email and if i have a problem with My phone?

Mine was working, but now it is not. Yes my wifi is turned off check I check it and also recreated the account like I did when I got 2.1. I found a workaround:
To set up Yahoo E-Mail on the Motorola Droid:
* Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
* Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
* Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
* Press “Manual Setup” in the lower left hand corner
* For “Incoming Server Settings” set the IMAP server to “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 143
* For “Outgoing Server Settings” set the SMTP Server to “smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com” and the Port to 587
* Check “Require sign-in” and press Next
* Select how often your Droid will check for Email, and choose default options
* Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you go to your gmail account there are instructions in the settings on how to set up yahoo. As pointed out its a Google phone. 2.1 was suppose to help clean up some yahoo issues.

royta

Reaction score
If you go to your gmail account there are instructions in the settings on how to set up yahoo. As pointed out its a Google phone. 2.1 was suppose to help clean up some yahoo issues.

First time post here. I'm researching which new phone to get, and it looks like it's probably going to be Android. Android may be Google, but it seems to me that Google isn't being forced down our throats. If that were the case, I'd swear I was using a Microsoft product. :) The phone needs to be able to work with Yahoo Mail, period. Basically because I've been on a rocketmail.com account for the last 13 or so years, and I'm not switching to gmail because of Android. :)

Merritt

Reaction score
You guys aren't running taskkiller are you, if you are make sure that Email is selected to ignore.

Derekweb

Reaction score
Got a new droid 3 weeks ago. Easy set up of Yahoo mail. Only needed to input ID and password. No POP3 info, etc needed. It has worked perfectly.

scarrz

Reaction score
Use K-9 email, works perfect with yahoo.

Got a new droid 3 weeks ago. Easy set up of Yahoo mail. Only needed to input ID and password. No POP3 info, etc needed. It has worked perfectly.

shochman

Reaction score
Get MailDroid. It works seemlesly with Yahoo and supports Wifi.

shochman

Reaction score
Yes that is true, but it is still a beta product, and the developer is adding new features every couple of weeks. It is the only email client I can find that works with Yahoo imap on wifi.

joelangley

Reaction score
RE: Address book

Yes, I know about this missing feature. I have been getting a lot of requests for it over the past few days, so I believe it will be pushed up to the top of my list.

geetarspaz

Reaction score
in a nutshell, google wants you to run the world and have you on their emailing service...so they will give you a hard time with other services. i prefer my yahoo and i never use gmail personally. with the new update you should have to enter all those weird settings, just set up your username and password, and hit automatically..etc.. and that should be fine.

joelangley

Reaction score
Actually, that is not accurate. Even with the new update, yahoo will not work over wifi in the stock client.