What's Up With All the UNBOXING Videos?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't see why you're nitpicking parts of reviews that can easily be skipped. :D

Depends on the reviewer. Cause like once I saw this one review (I think for the Bionic) where the reviewer went on a 5 min rant about the power button placement.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Maybe explaining their purpose might be more useful than this reply....

Strange as it may sound there are a lot of people that like to see how the phone comes. They want to see the box and accessories.

I like unboxing videos STRICTLY to see how the manufacturers ship the phones/what kind of boxing comes with it. A lot goes into packaging and I'm always curious to see if something cool will come along.

If i could only choose one I'd be on your side of the fence. A good thorough review cannot be beat.

With that said, I understand why they (unboxing) are done because there are other weirdos, such as myself, out there who like to see the phone unboxed :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Yeah...some of us dig that stuff. We also like the boxes, inserts, and manuals. I have all that crap, pristine, for every motorola toy I've ever owned starting with a skytel alpha pager in 1997 and a star tac flip around 1997. Fun to look at sometimes, watch the technology evolve over the years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Depends on the reviewer. Cause like once I saw this one review (I think for the Bionic) where the reviewer went on a 5 min rant about the power button placement.

Yeah that much time dedicated towards a power button of all things is a waste of time and just a personal rant. I've never seen one like that so I just thought OP was against the unboxing part. I mean you can skip on YouTube which is a great future. Nitpicking about something like that is like forcing yourself to watch the credits at the end of a movie on a DVD you own. (Yes i am aware there can be bonus footage at the end of credits for movies in the theater)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums