Whats this....Froyo for the Fascinate is finally available....NO.....

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Timdotthomas

Reaction score
I saw that as well. I just loved the idea of having my Fascinate being cooler than those stock users. What will this mean to all the ones that already have Froyo? Should we update? Would the official version be more stable than my Superclean 2.2.9? Will I have to go back to having all of that crappy Verizon Bloatware? Question, questions, questions!

Sent from my Superclean Samsung Fascinate

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw that as well. I just loved the idea of having my Fascinate being cooler than those stock users. What will this mean to all the ones that already have Froyo? Should we update? Would the official version be more stable than my Superclean 2.2.9? Will I have to go back to having all of that crappy Verizon Bloatware? Question, questions, questions!

Sent from my Superclean Samsung Fascinate

Really it means nothing other than having a stable VZW Froyo rom to go back to should you have to take your phone into them for tech issues etc...plus some people only rooted for Froyo so now they can go back to stock and be happy, i guess....happy as a slow stock phone user can be lol
I dont think it will be more stable than SC, def full of bloat and signifigantly slower than current Froyo Roms we have available...theres really no upside if you want to be rooted as we are running better Roms and features without all the garbage now...

dshinnick

Reaction score
I went to www.verizonwireless.com/fascinatesupport and it seems legit, but when I check for updates through my phone it doesn't list any as available.

Ooops. Just read about that "tomorrow" part. But the doc on their web site doesn't specify when, just that's its ready.

dshinnick

Reaction score
I'll have to trust you...I don't see a date for the rollout anywhere.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well....dont quote me but thats what Twitter/@droid_life said....lol I'm not holding my breath and I'm sure most of you guys aren't either!

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well....dont quote me but thats what Twitter/@droid_life said....

Too late 10
lol Per Boy Genius Report:

Verizon’s Samsung Fascinate fitted with Froyo

Published on April 20th, 2011
Written by: Andrew Munchbach

Next
Skip to Responses
Prev

Fascinate owners, the day hath finally cometh. Verizon Wireless has announced that its iteration of Samsung’s original Galaxy S handset, known as the Fascinate, will be updated to Froyo (Android 2.2). Documentation indicates that the code bump — labeled i500.ED01 — will bring support for Flash 10.1, improve JavaScript performance, and pack a handful of other small tweaks. Interested parties can navigate to Settings, About Phone, System Updates on their handset to order-up an over-the-air Froyo delivery beginning tomorrow.

nuch14150

Reaction score
I bet your right...but it seems like a pain for a newbie....(besides I hear the word "brick") and get scared...lol

Nas

Reaction score
I use to be the same way, but i use to changed my os around all the time when i had a blackberry. So it was only a matter of time. its really easy to root and if you mess up there are tons ! of ways to go back. you should reach out to TAPOUT27. I been
reaching out to him for my questions, or ask him the links to root your phone. Your phone will be so much faster

fishmstr

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. Although this one sounds very convincing and all of the signs point to it with the release of the source code. I will not believe it until I see it on my wife's phone. As for me I gave up on VZW and Samsung a month ago and upgraded to 2.2.1.