whats the difference in jb and ics

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Im at work an dont have time to flash all these roms and figure the difference..
From what iv seen, the difference in the 2 is some icons and the google search bar..
And the only jb rom is cm10?

gossipninja

Reaction score
well there are a number of improvements in JB. The 3 big ones are
1) Notification actions - From the notification bar you can perform certain actions if the app allows. Such as end a call, replly to a text, play/pause skip music.

2) project butter- The interface has been given a boost in speed so the whole os feels buttery smooth
3) Google now (which can be hacked into ICS) is a new search experience that has 2 components -
Cards, which is googles attempt to help you, be it traffic stats, driving directions, weather. Lets say Google knows you have an appointment across town, and with gps and traffic knows it is 45 min away, it will prompt you 45 before appt to go.

the other facet of google now is enhanced voice search and voice actions.

There is more, but those are some of the highlights.

And yes cm10 looks to be the only real option for JB on Droid 4

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
where do i find the kexec kernal to run a kexec rom/
so cm10 is better than jb/

gossipninja

Reaction score
cm10 is just like any other custom rom, just based on AOSP jellybean. Some like pure AOSP, others like CM, or eclipse or AOKP.

I like a lot of the tweaks and addons cyanogenmod has but some people don't.

as far as the kernal, I am not sure, I think it is included in the rom but I have yet to mess with any kexec stuff.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
nope, i think that is incorrect..i installed a kexec jb, and phone wouldnt cut back on unless u hold the power keys..someone said i needed the kernal...

i preffer aokp cause of all the options
does 1 jb gapps work for all jb rom?..I'm getting off whatever jb this is

lafont28

Reaction score
Kexec is built into hash's safestrap 2.0+. Cm10 is a JB AOSP rom but technically so are the AOKP's. The only difference between the 2 is that AOSP is built right from the source code itself where an AOKP is based from an existing rom

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The GAPPS works for both. You need safestrap 2.11 to run a kexec build. I ran them just fine and they do come with their own kernel, that's why the kexec and nonkexec builds have different bugs.