ICS vs JB rom, speed difference?

hydra

Reaction score
I'm running axi0m patient zero and it's very snappy, except for in 2 areas*. For those who were on DT's ICS gnex roms (e.g. patient zero) and are now running his JB-based rom, is there actually any noticeable difference in snappiness between his ICS vs JB roms?

We all know JB implemented project butter. But it seems like DT incorporated his own version of "project butter" into patient zero, long before JB was released. So is his JB rom even faster? Or is this mostly dependent upon kernel (and the user's defined cpu clock speed)?

*the 2 areas of lag that still remain on my phone is face unlock's wakeup, and the lag when pressing the blue phone icon.

chewy74

Reaction score
Jb is noticeably snappier than ics. I don't use face unlock so I can't add to that. His PZ v3 is my daily driver until he comes out with a pure KDH with all his own Rom toolbox and things.

OP
H

hydra

Reaction score
Jb is noticeably snappier than ics. I don't use face unlock so I can't add to that. His PZ v3 is my daily driver until he comes out with a pure KDH with all his own Rom toolbox and things.

Just to clarify, are you saying PZ jellybean version, is noticeably snappier than PZ ICS version?

OP
H

hydra

Reaction score

Confirmed. I installed JBSourcery rom and the blue phone button as well as face unlock is noticeably faster than (DT's) ICS version of axi0m. Everything else is just as fast (but not noticeably faster).