Gallery on JB ROMs not displaying all pictures

eric16l

Reaction score
I posted this in a longer JB thread, but wanted to make a separate topic to see if anyone else is having this problem:

I have just under 2,000 pictures on my GNex in DCIM\Pictures. I have tried 2 JB ROMs and each of them only display about 430 of those pictures through the stock Gallery app. They are definitely still on the phone as I can see them with multiple File Explorer apps.

I installed a different gallery app (QuickPic) and it sees all of the pictures as I would expect the stock app to do as well.

Can anyone with a large amount of pictures test out any JB ROM you are on and let me know if you are seeing the same behavior? I would greatly appreciate it.

werewolfbrent

Reaction score
same thing

I am having the same issue I am running JellyBamf and almost none of my pictures on the SD card show up in the Gallery just the new photos I have taken but all of the other pictures show up in QuickPic.

OP
E

eric16l

Reaction score
Is anyone else running a Jelly Bean ROM seeing this behavior?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What ROMs are you all running?

Last edited:

trink08

Reaction score
werewolfbrent said:
I am having the same issue I am running JellyBamf and almost none of my pictures on the SD card show up in the Gallery just the new photos I have taken but all of the other pictures show up in QuickPic.

For me, quickpic takes forever to load. Stock gallery has only a second or two lag loading pics.

trink08

Reaction score
dezymond said:
What ROMs are you all running?

Xenon HD 4.0. Very satisfied. But regarding photos, quickpic is too slow to load. Stock galllery has about 2 second lag load time. Was running vicious jb ROM. Maybe Slightly smoother than xenon HD and had no photo issues. However, the customization u get with xenon is awesome

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running Team EOS's JB build #90 and all 500+ of my photos are showing in the gallery.

Have you tried clearing data in Gallery's settings? Don't worry, this won't erase your pictures. Go into the settings and make sure to clear data and cache, then reboot and see if the thumbnails start showing then.

OP
E

eric16l

Reaction score
Still missing pictures

I'm running Team EOS's JB build #90 and all 500+ of my photos are showing in the gallery.

Have you tried clearing data in Gallery's settings? Don't worry, this won't erase your pictures. Go into the settings and make sure to clear data and cache, then reboot and see if the thumbnails start showing then.

I just tried clearing data in my Gallery and then rebooting, but unfortunately, nothing changed. I still only show about 430 pics in my Camera folder. But if I look at that same folder through QuickPic or a file explorer, I see all 2,000+ photos.

I have tried Jelly Belly, Bugless Beast and now AOKP with the same results.

I read somewhere that JB is partitioned differently than ICS was. Not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but could be a potential root cause.
QuickPic is definitely slow. I would use the stock Gallery any day over that app, but sadly, don't have a choice.

To the ROM Developers out there: Have you guys encountered this? If so, any clue what the fix could be?