What's the best program to move files from one area of the phone to another?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
You can set the storage location for the camera and videos. Open the camera app, select the menu on the left side, pull to the right. Select the gear Icon. Change storage to sd-ext.

As to applications that use storage for back-ups, this is going to be a Developer issue. This directory structure appears to be somewhat new, so it will likely be up to the application developers to have to mod their programs to deal with this new "feature". The more robust applications already allow this feature, like PowerAmp (music) that has a toggle and scan feature so you can tell the application where to look.

I have not tested this yet, but in theory I would expect using the internal location for photos should yield a slightly faster write (capture) time as I think the internal storage should write faster than the card. Note to self, need to test this....

Craig

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use SD-Explorer which you can download free - better than astro.

I also find that if you look under DCIM in the sd you have full pictures.

Ever since I set to save to SD it's put the two pics I took in there under DCIM so I may need to get rid of the other directory.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Good point about the thumbnails. Near as I can tell, as the native OS does create thumbnails when using gallery apps, and as the programs that create the thumbnails (Gallery Gallery 3-d) will obviously use the internal sd, it "appears" that the picture are in two places. If you use the sd-ext for photos, it will place thumbnails on internal sd. The thumbnail subdirecory is not created on sd-ext when you move pictures and view from sd-ext. My applications that fetch album art do the same thing. Music on the card (sd-ext), thumbnail album art goes to sd.

Craig

dakit

Reaction score
help

I have a galaxy note 2 for almost 2 months and I can not figure how to move documents or photos from a folder to a newly created folder in the internal storage. Is there a way to do this? every time I click on the "move" option it takes me to the external storage.
Looking forward to your help.
thanks