what's the app that lets you...

nooter99

Reaction score
...make a call to someone, but it looks like it's coming from a different number other than your own.

samredman

Reaction score
Caller ID Faker

It is called Caller ID faker. It is lots of fun, just don't use it for wrongful purposes (because, from what I understand, that is a federal offense). It also has a voice simulation which is really quite convincing. I'm a guy with a deep baritone voice and I did the female simulation... and it fooled my friends with a funny prank. You can really have some fun with it... because it shows whatever number you make up as the caller id and with a zany new voice... it's crazy.

samredman

Reaction score
yeah, Alkemist -- I think you were correct, he was looking for Google voice, which does the same thing, but without the voice simulations... (it's not for pranking).

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
I don't think thats what I mean. My wife said our daughter was able to call the wifes phone, when it rang the caller ID showed my number, as thought I was calling her. Says she can do it with any number. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Serialkilla

Reaction score
There's a few that do that. Bluff my call is a good one, you can set the caller id to any number you want, you can disguise your voice, and even record the call - I use it mostly for callin my boss because you can make it go right to voicemail of the person you're calling...lol. Here's a link to their site, and it's in the market as well.
Bluff My Call - Change Your Caller ID and Voice From Any Phone