Android VoIP apps that let you keep your number

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by aztech, Apr 18, 2014.

1. aztech

aztech New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a VoIP app that lets you keep your number when you call? I have very limited reception in certain parts of the office (where i make the most calls), but I'm always connected to WiFi, so it would be great if my clients knew that i was calling them instead of some random number.

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Welcome to the Forum.

Have you checked Google Voice? I think they allow you to use the number you link GV too.

3. hypnos

hypnos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure whether making official calls over WiFi is a good idea. The network might be secure but most of the apps fail to deliver over WiFi.I use Global Call since it’s one of the few apps on Google Play which optimizes the network to give fairly good quality and it displays the registered mobile number .Serves the purpose for me especially when I have to make calls to International landlines and mobiles .

4. aztech

aztech New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google Voice calls are routed through Google access numbers and I guess that's the number which would be displayed.

5. aztech

aztech New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well its my prerogative to decide what's a good idea and what's not ...Global Call ? Never heard of this app. I tried looking for it on Google Play. No luck so far .

6. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    hypnos was just voicing his opinin and not advisiing what to do. Here is the link to Global Call

• Like Like x 2
  7. hypnos

hypnos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bro !

8. mr.butangenomo

mr.butangenomo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, nice. I found out about Global Call last year from this site and its so damnn useful when you travel. If you havent installed the app yet, they have this event going on, www.globalcall-1plus1.com where you get double any 'first' credit purchase. They sent out a notice via in-app but the lame thing is its only for new users so I cant participate. If I were you, i'd buy $50, worth of credits, get the extra $50 bonus, and find someone to sell the credits too :biggrin:

If you already use global call, dont try to create a new ID and try to get another bonus because you won't (i tried). Anyways, always good to return the favor from the origin.

9. aztech

aztech New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just downloaded the app from the link I found here on this thread but didn't get any msg regarding the promotion.

10. arif029

arif029 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    For VoIP Apps you can use Smartgroschen Application, it a a awesome application, its very easy to use & very much cheap. It has also free chat option.

11. hypnos

hypnos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly Smartgroschen looks like an app which is good enough just to call Poland .I just checked the call rates online .They not only charge a connection fee the unit call rates are all in the range of 24 to 40 cents per minute which is 10 times than Global Call (the app I'm using at the moment).

12. hypnos

hypnos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can get updates about Global Call promotion on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/uglobalcall . Unless you are residing in Japan or Taiwan you can avail the 1+1 promotion .Looks like they are having another event for Japan and Taiwan www.globalcallevent.com

Search tags for this page
free android calling app that let's you keep your phone numb

freecallingappthatletsyoukeepyournumber

how to link smartgroschen with google voice
keep your number
voip apps for android that i can keep my number
what wi-fi calling app will let me keep my number
what wifi phone app will allow to keep your number