What weather provider do you consider the best

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Weather Channel as far as apps ...

But for animated radar, (since I work outside) I use Intellicast - Local and National Weather Forecast, Radar, Maps and Severe Report ... I have a bookmark on one of my screens for my local radar, so with one tap I can see if rain or storms are in my area and might screw up work.

Most of the weather apps will even send you notifications about severe weather in your area. But for me, it's The Weather Channel app. :)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I used really like Weatherbug. But I have done some real world comparisons with some of the apps and the NOAA website at the same time and I have found that AccuWeather is the most accurate. I also like 1Weather for some really cool features but it isn't always as accurate.

I really wish NOAA would make an app of their own. There is an unofficial one but it is junk.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used really like Weatherbug. But I have done some real world comparisons with some of the apps and the NOAA website at the same time and I have found that AccuWeather is the most accurate. I also like 1Weather for some really cool features but it isn't always as accurate.

I really wish NOAA would make an app of their own. There is an unofficial one but it is junk.

Yeah I'm surprised NOAA doesn't have an app ... you would think they would, and you would think it would be worth it's weight. You would THINK anyway LOL :biggrin:

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
Thanks, I just added fancy widgets weather and clock and it gave me the following choices and man, the weather discrepancies for my location were all over the map....

View attachment 52977
Google weather, msn weather, accuweather, weatherbug.... just wonder what was most reliable... weatherbug showed a high for thomasville ga today of 85.....heck, it was 85 at 7am and it will get a lot hotter for sure.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yeah I'm surprised NOAA doesn't have an app ... you would think they would, and you would think it would be worth it's weight. You would THINK anyway LOL :biggrin:

I would buy it because that is pretty much as accurate as you can get.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
What weather provider do you consider the best?
I've tried just about all of them and have settled on Weatherbug Elite. It seems to be the most accurate for my location anyway.

nikecar

Reaction score
I like weather bug because of all the features when you open it. Weather Channel one links to a Web Page for radar and the forecast for the next few days isn't as robust. Accuweather I have in my beautiful widgets but I hate it takes you to a Web Page for radar.

SallyC

Reaction score
I'm using HD Widgets and Weatherbug. Weatherbug has a smaller "town" near me which gives me a more accurate forecast/reading than the other locations offered by any other app I've seen.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Another vote for Weatherbug. I love the fact that you have everything in one app. It also has a weather station right down the street from me. I use the radar all the time for everything from when to walk the dog in between showers to camping to when we need to shut the equipment down at work when a strong thunderstorm hits. I find it to be very accurate.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Of those choices, I'd go with AccuWeather.

As far as a dedicated weather app goes, I'll cast yet another vote for WeatherBug. Great features, and it's always been very accurate for me.