The LG Dare. Still have it & it works
I always wanted the pink razor. *sigh*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Is a blackberry considered a smart phone?

I had the RAZR V3m.

26ae7b697b91a14b288c7dc4db86108d.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
RAZR V3! My father in law is still using it, it's about 8 years old and still works great

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
BamaBelle

BamaBelle

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Is a blackberry considered a smart phone?

I had the RAZR V3m.

26ae7b697b91a14b288c7dc4db86108d.jpg
Idk. I guess i consider anything that wasnt touch screen a non smart phone. But my thinking could be incorrect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Isn't smartphone any phone that required a data plan? I know that I had flip phones that had limited Internet but weren't smartphones because no data plan was required.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't smartphone any phone that required a data plan? I know that I had flip phones that had limited Internet but weren't smartphones because no data plan was required.

Verizon had some "feature phones" that required a data plan but the data plans for those were different. My daughter's Chocolate required one and if memory serves it was $5 a month for 750MB vs the $30/unlimited data smartphone plans. My Dare was also a feature phone with data plan requirement but I had the vcast pack for $15/unlimited vs the smartphone plan. I used to stream Sanoma FM radio on the html browser at work.
My favorite all time phone was a Samsung a930 flip phone because it had the best reception of any phone I've ever had, was a beast of a phone for abuse, phenomenal sound quality and volumes, screen was awesome, battery life was excellent and the speakerphone worked while it was closed so I used to just tap the side button and talk to my wife while trail building or driving without ever touching the phone. Everyone at work called it the "Darth phone" because of its looks and coloring. My middle daughter inherited it and dropped it in a rushing creek and we searched for over 2 hours of calling it before it finally started going straight to voicemail, meaning it'd died. Never did find the thing but my wife still uses hers for an alarm clock on occasion.
My second favorite was a Dare followed closely behind by the LG 2700 (the one model Verizon had with mediaflo on it) because when my youngest was born we'd watch Star Trek on it together after I got off work. As a newborn she seemed to like the Klingons best. Both my Dare and 2700 still work, the Dare is my take to the beach camera and the 2700 takes some marvelous photos in great lighting and it's just cool having a flip phone that the screen flips sideways instead of up and down.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My Nokia was my favorite prior to my Blackberry, still have the Nokia as my AT&T side backup if Verizon doesn't have coverage..

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Verizon had some "feature phones" that required a data plan but the data plans for those were different. My daughter's Chocolate required one and if memory serves it was $5 a month for 750MB vs the $30/unlimited data smartphone plans. My Dare was also a feature phone with data plan requirement but I had the vcast pack for $15/unlimited vs the smartphone plan. I used to stream Sanoma FM radio on the html browser at work.
My favorite all time phone was a Samsung a930 flip phone because it had the best reception of any phone I've ever had, was a beast of a phone for abuse, phenomenal sound quality and volumes, screen was awesome, battery life was excellent and the speakerphone worked while it was closed so I used to just tap the side button and talk to my wife while trail building or driving without ever touching the phone. Everyone at work called it the "Darth phone" because of its looks and coloring. My middle daughter inherited it and dropped it in a rushing creek and we searched for over 2 hours of calling it before it finally started going straight to voicemail, meaning it'd died. Never did find the thing but my wife still uses hers for an alarm clock on occasion.
My second favorite was a Dare followed closely behind by the LG 2700 (the one model Verizon had with mediaflo on it) because when my youngest was born we'd watch Star Trek on it together after I got off work. As a newborn she seemed to like the Klingons best. Both my Dare and 2700 still work, the Dare is my take to the beach camera and the 2700 takes some marvelous photos in great lighting and it's just cool having a flip phone that the screen flips sideways instead of up and down.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Feature phone, huh? Well that certainly debunks my theory... lol.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had the Motorola SLVR and loved that thing. It was probably the coolest looking device I had ever. I still remember that light up blue number keypad, was awesome

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Feature phone, huh? Well that certainly debunks my theory... lol.

Not a dumbphone, not a smartphone so they called ones with greater than wap browsers feature phones. Sounds like a better name to justify required data plans I suppose.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The env3 was a feature phone. My ex loved that little stupid pos.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The env3 was a feature phone. My ex loved that little stupid pos.
I had an enV1. With thumb prints the size of quarters those type of phones and I don't get along at all. I used a stylus pen on my Dare and Omnia and tablets, thus why the s-pen was such an easy transition for me but gesture typing (Swype) is all I use when using a finger.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><