What to do?......need input

jbrock98

Reaction score
With the news (rumor) that the thunderbolt is supposed to be launching on valentines do I get rid of my X? I just bought it (added xtra line) last saturday so I have 7 more days on the return policy, I'm struggling on whether take back the X activate my old phone for 2 days then get the thunderbolt(i think that'll still give me promotional pricing) on monday or just keep my X. I am a rooted user so the ability of rooting comes into play here but I also would like 4g, so I'd like to ask the android community to help me think out loud

PS. I'll be at work during the day won't be able to respond instantly but will be checking back as much as possible

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Detonation

Reaction score
If you want 4g, you might as well take back the X and wait a little longer for the TB. Otherwise you're going to be kicking yourself later when you want 4g but are stuck with the X.

However I have no idea on the rooting capabilities of the TB. I can't imagine it being any worse than the DX, and HTC phones have a strong dev community anyways (the Inc often gets the newest ports first).

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
And I've never experienced the htc sense & I believe its more popular than blur

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would take back your DX. certainly take a look at the TB, cuz it looks like it's going to be a cool phone. but, i'm not going to jump at it. even if you don't get the TB, the DX2 is going to be dropping in early Q2, and it will be dual core (but it won't be LTE). i would think that you would certainly be kicking yourself if you just got the DX, and a dual core DX2 came out within a couple months.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
TB is the clear choice. Why? 4G : )

If you didn't care then I'd say keep the DX, but you do..TB for the jbrock win

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Thunderbolt all the way. For me it seems the perfect transition phone for the 4g overhaul. You get simultaneous voice and data over 3g, a bonus for calls while tethering. Plus, me being spoiled by the D1, an unlocked bootloader is muy bueno. Everything will be dual core eventually so that's not an issue. The TB just seems to have it all as the network stands now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
Yeah I think thunderbolt, ever since I heard the "maybe" release date I figured I might take this X back, wasn't sure how the first 4g phone would do since its just gonna get better and better, but in november my OGdroid line gets upgraded so then I'll have another decision

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
in november, you're gonna have a whole host of decisions: Bionic, Atrix, Inc2, Solana (i'm still hoping), Moto Nexus (maybe, maybe), and the rumored phones that haven't even come on the radar yet! ;)

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
in november, you're gonna have a whole host of decisions: Bionic, Atrix, Inc2, Solana (i'm still hoping), Moto Nexus (maybe, maybe), and the rumored phones that haven't even come on the radar yet! ;)

That's another reason why I might keep the X because I'll have the choices of the whole year in november and still have an X which I'm liking more and more hour by hour, dang my want for wanting the newest stuff

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you.i decided to return my droid. It keeps freezing up on me. It gets petty hot. And its a little laggy. it even turned of f on me while sleeping and I had no alarm so I was late to work.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

That's another reason why I might keep the X because I'll have the choices of the whole year in november and still have an X which I'm liking more and more hour by hour, dang my want for wanting the newest stuff

The Droid X is a fine phone, and getting stuck with having it as your main phone is not really such a bad fate to suffer. My DX is my favorite phone of the three I have, and I enjoy it more each day. :)

Good Luck,

-Mike

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
now do i go to best buy and preorder the TB, or hang on to my X til i have to return it saturday and activate(or terminate the new line) old phone til it comes in verizon's store

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score

The Droid X is a fine phone, and getting stuck with having it as your main phone is not really such a bad fate to suffer. My DX is my favorite phone of the three I have, and I enjoy it more each day. :)

Good Luck,

-Mike

and being stuck with the X is not a bad deal especially when i get my other line upgraded n november