What the hell Rom Manager? I'm tired of your issues with updates!!

droid15

Reaction score
Rom manager won't work

I keep trying to upgrade from sapphire 7.10 to sapphire 8.4 but everytime I tap download rom manager tells me download failed.dancedroid

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
that happened to me before too - i uninstalled and reinstalled rom manager - seemed to fix the problem.

droid15

Reaction score
I tried uninstalling then reinstalling... didn't help. :eek: thanks for trying.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Success with rom manager seems to be about 50/50. Just switch to sprecovery and install the update.zip from the website.

droid15

Reaction score
I had sprecovey from the beginning and never uninstalleed it I just installed clockwork. Does that mean its still there?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had sprecovey from the beginning and never uninstalleed it I just installed clockwork. Does that mean its still there?
If you installed ROM Manager, you no longer have SPRecovery. You will need to "Flash Alternate Recovery" to go back to SPRecovery mode. From a former ROM Manger user, I can tell you that it's best to hit that Flash Alternate Recovery about 3x because it usually doesn't take on the first try. Why, I don't know, but one of the reasons I don't touch RM anymore.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Good point. Different guy, but good movie.

[video=youtube;OPfwZtX5_Xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPfwZtX5_Xk"]YouTube - Office Space - Two chicks at the same time[/video]

Last edited:

BuglessFan

Reaction score
No Paul Ruud is the guy in Anchorman (40 year old virgin, Knocked Up, I love you man) and the other is the guy that was Oswald on the Drew Carey show (Diedrich Bader).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Merged threads….My My, this is becoming quite an issue…..