What just happened

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I'm running liberty of course. A few minutes ago, my screen would not turn on for like a minute. I didn't think much about it. A few minutes later it did the same thing, only this time rebooting. After the reboot the only thing visible was the status bar. The lockscreen was visible as well. I had to reboot the phone again in order to set it right again. It's not a big deal, but I want to fix this so it doesn't happen again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
I've never heard of that happening.... do you have some other settings app like juice defender controlling (and possibly conflicting) your screen settings? It may act a little funny when you first flash it but all the little quirks go away when you run the rom for a while. Hmmm. Weird.

OP
elvyrorie

elvyrorie

Reaction score
All I have running is Tasker. I have it set to turn off mobile data when the screen is off. I also have it turn the gps off when the screen is off?.

OP
elvyrorie

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I found this over in the Droid X forums. It was a faq for rubix, but it may still be the issue. Written by drod2169

Q: Why does my phone randomly reboot some times?
A: Moto's screwy behavior with the bootloader and the security checks constantly checking for blur. This causes all of the phones memory to be eaten up (mostly at times when the screen is locked) and reboot to free it again. This is also an issue with their framework, and not just the blur security checks. It's being worked on, I promise. Every release, you all test a possible fix