Downloading Woes

Coloneldave

Reaction score
I'm just starting trying to download some apps to see what it takes and does.

The first one Zentech Laps Solitaire I found and tried to download.

After the prompt 'install' it said it was going 'full internet' or somesuch - then I OKd that.

Then it said Starting Download - with a twisted rope across side to side. But the symbol does NOT rotate, as I noticed most other functions do when they are 'running.'

10 minutes later it STILL says 'Starting Downloading' but nothing visible happens. Shouldnt the candystriped rope rotate visibly it it is in fact downloading?

First time it did that I 'Canceled' and started over. Search quickly gets the right program, then the 'Install?' query pops up, then after pressing it, it says Starting Downloading - but again, 20 minutes later nothing.

The Verizon is on 3g speed.

So what is wrong? Something inside my droid? Overloaded free download?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had a few seconds delay in between where it said starting download and it actually start downloading. That is a very odd problem indeed.

OP
Coloneldave

Coloneldave

Reaction score
I have had a few seconds delay in between where it said starting download and it actually start downloading. That is a very odd problem indeed.

So that is bizzare? Hmm. Well later I saw the striped poll rotating, but then 30 minutes later it STILL had not 'downloaded.'

That Solitaire game can't be that huge? But since I have never seen a download working on a Droid, I dunno what to expect.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah the striped poll is a down arrow, which is suppose to mean downloading. So it's strange that it's not working. Do you have appkiller or anything like that, that you've killed certain apps?

OP
Coloneldave

Coloneldave

Reaction score
Well, while all this was going on, the Solitaire program after an eternity its seems, showed up and works.

So I tried another one that was bound to be pretty small code - Blackjack - and that downloaded so fast I missed it.

May have had something to do with the status of the network this evening.

Is there anyplace one can get to, to see the actual number of bytes such programs occupy?