Liberty Installation issue...

illian1

Reaction score
I am trying to install the ROM for the first time. It seemed to install fine - but - it's been on the Liberty "eagle" screen for more than 30 minutes now. The eagle turns, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything else.

I have looked but can't find a thread on this issue.

I am afraid to turn it off, if it's still installing something. But now I'm wondering if it's either stuck or finished but just didn't reboot.

Thoughts or ideas?

OP
I

illian1

Reaction score
It turns over every 30 seconds or so, over and over. It's been nearly 45 minutes now. Just watching the little guy go round and round and round!

LOL

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
It's a boot loop. Pull your battery. Open your keyboard. Hold the power button and the x key until it turns on, then release power and keep holding x until a triangle with an exclamation mark shows up on the screen. Then let go of x and press the magnifying glass key on the keyboard. Then wipe data and cache and reboot. Should be fine then

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2

OP
I

illian1

Reaction score
Yay! I have a phone again! Thank you VERY much.

:)

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Glad it helped. I think you may have forgotten to mount system before installing the rom. Do you remember if you did?

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
That's usually what causes a boot loop. Even if a developer's instructions say you don't have to, I still do it to be safe.

pmurphy85

Reaction score
Glad it helped. I think you may have forgotten to mount system before installing the rom. Do you remember if you did?

I wanted to chime in and say that this saved me. I have been trying to get my D2 Liberated for a minute now and have tried quite a few things and this is the one that got it to work for me. Thanks a lot. I had a question on another thread and we couldn't put our fingers on it and I am going to post that this is what fixed it. Good looks again