what is wrong

DroidPWNS

Reaction score
Starting off I love my droid but been having a lot of issues recently. First off my phones quickness has slowed down a lot. There is so much lag when i swipe across screens. (I have the grass live wallpaper) next my battery life has decreased as well. I can't even make it 8 hours without it dying. I use it to text and facebook and that's it. Also when I use the phone for a few minutes the back get extremely hot. ( it stays between 94-104). This become really annoying and don't know what is going on. Oh and everything is stock. Thank you for your help

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Starting off I love my droid but been having a lot of issues recently. First off my phones quickness has slowed down a lot. There is so much lag when i swipe across screens. (I have the grass live wallpaper) next my battery life has decreased as well. I can't even make it 8 hours without it dying. I use it to text and facebook and that's it. Also when I use the phone for a few minutes the back get extremely hot. ( it stays between 94-104). This become really annoying and don't know what is going on. Oh and everything is stock. Thank you for your help

Judging from the symptons you're describing I'll wager that you probably have an app running. Why do I think that? You said the Droid is heating up and you're losing power faster. That power loss is a direct result of your phone heating up.

That can only happen from either overclocking if your rooted or if you're not, some type of app that you've downloaded that's running.

What you probably will need to do is a hard factory data reset. Once you've done that you can see how your Droid runs for a day or two and if you're still having the issue you will know it's a problem with your Droid. If it doesn't, then start adding your apps back in slowly until you find the bugger that's giving you a bad time.

As far as live wallpaper goes, try "water" I use it and have no problems with speed and my Droid at all.

OP
D

DroidPWNS

Reaction score
Thank you guys. Oh and is there a way I can keep all my contacts so when I do a reset I can still have them?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. Oh and is there a way I can keep all my contacts so when I do a reset I can still have them?

Gmail backs up all your contacts. Remember, this is a google phone so Gmail, Google, and the Droid are all one. Your paid apps are also backed up. Your free apps will probably have to be downloaded again.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
let me guess... are you in an area where you're constantly going in and out of service? that will drain battery fast, and make your phone heat up...

OP
D

DroidPWNS

Reaction score
let me guess... are you in an area where you're constantly going in and out of service? that will drain battery fast, and make your phone heat up...

No I have 3G all day and the signal is 2-4 bars.

jimnutt

Reaction score
Go to Settings | About Phone | Battery Use and see what's using the battery there. That will often tell you if you have a renegade app that needs to be put down.

powerwagon

Reaction score

Buy Advanced Task Manager in The Market...best, most useful app there. Keeps your Droid running quick and gets rid of those annoying apps that don't want to stay closed. Also helps with battery life. If you're rooted, then go Auto Memory Manager.