What is the size of the background/wallpaper?

Raptor007

Reaction score
That is a good question, because I am trying to use wallpapers in that size range by selecting them in settings, wallpapers, section and what I forced to do is select a space in the wallpaper and then it focuses on that. The D3 is NOT actually allowing the full wallpaper to fit.

evulhotdog

Reaction score
No phone will allow the full background to fit, the way the home screen is laid out, unless you want black boxes on top and bottom -_-

Fr33dom

Reaction score
No phone will allow the full background to fit, the way the home screen is laid out, unless you want black boxes on top and bottom -_-

I looked this up some time back and I found that the width needed to be something like 3 times the screen width. Perhaps longer if you have more screens. The height certainly needs to be the height of the screen.

Fr33dom

Reaction score

I looked this up some time back and I found that the width needed to be something like 3 times the screen width. Perhaps longer if you have more screens. The height certainly needs to be the height of the screen.

OP
KuddlKat

KuddlKat

Reaction score

On the D1, the width is only twice the screen width. I thought it was 3x also, but sliding left or right only moves the wallpaper partially. The more screens you have, the less the wallpaper moves because the wallpaper size is fixed.

So, I'm going to play around with this to see if it is accurate. I swiped someone else's 540x960 (WxH) screen capture and plopped it down in the middle of a 1080x960 wallpaper (from a system dump of the media area). The numbers seem to work.

I don't have a screen capture of a stock D3 home screen yet, but when I get it I'll make it into a Photoshop template so people can use it for making backgrounds.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Knowing that the screen is qHD means that it should be a quarter of 1920 x 1080 which gives us 960 x 540 where 960 is the height and 540 is the width.

I just did a test with some wallpapers I have on my D1 that now has 5 homescreens and it still appears to be twice the width. Each extreme (homescreen 1 and homescreen 5) show exactly half of the wallpaper shown on homescreen 3.

Doubling that width gets us our 1080 so 1080 x 960 definitely makes sense, at least from a theory point of view. :)

KuddlKat, my D3 should arrive on Wednesday and I do some development so I'll need to set it up there which will let me get screen grabs. It's possible I could grab you one as soon as Friday.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here's the one I made up. It works perfect with my 5 screen Go Launcher setup.

The top horizontal line is how far Beautiful widgets comes down, the bottom horizontal line accounts for the dock.

The vertical lines obviously show the home screen area.

*edit* - the file is too big, let me condense it and I'll post it.

*edit/edit* So I can't get it below the acceptable range, so I changed the extension to .zip. Just download the file, and rename it from .zip to .psd

Last edited:

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Ok here is a full-size screen grab with the screen full of icons. Interesting that its 544x960.

Sometime this weekend I plan on making an overlay for wallpapers where you can see where each screens cutoffs are and where the apps sit.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ROacJXE2JD5Dz-QkOyUFbg

It's not public. We can't see it.

Sorry it put them in a new album with no viewing permissions. Try this one.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106862...hkey=Gv1sRgCPfzh9fayvHYYg#5637502368982493554

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Ok here is a full-size screen grab with the screen full of icons. Interesting that its 544x960.

Sometime this weekend I plan on making an overlay for wallpapers where you can see where each screens cutoffs are and where the apps sit.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ROacJXE2JD5Dz-QkOyUFbg

It's not public. We can't see it.

Sorry it put them in a new album with no viewing permissions. Try this one.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106862...hkey=Gv1sRgCPfzh9fayvHYYg#5637502368982493554

Screenshot size is not the same as wallpaper size..

Last edited:
OP
KuddlKat

KuddlKat

Reaction score