What is the size of the background/wallpaper?

OP
KuddlKat

KuddlKat

Reaction score
Screenshot size is not the same as wallpaper size..

Right. I'm trying to make a Photoshop template so anyone can drop their own image in and see how it will look with the left and right sides cut off and where icons and top/bottom bars will overlay it.

Once they like how it looks, you just hide the template layer and save the background image.

I just needed a generic screen grab with some standard icons on it to make the overlay layer.

Last edited:

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Sorry it put them in a new album with no viewing permissions. Try this one.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106862...hkey=Gv1sRgCPfzh9fayvHYYg#5637502368982493554

That worked great. Can I ask one more favor though? Can you make the background a solid color and take another screen capture? It will make it easier to remove the background and keep the icons and whatever else will overlay a user's picture.

Thanks! :icon_ banana:

You got it. Like I said, you're saying me a lot of time from having to do a template myself (although I still might if I'm bored this weekend haha)

I tried to use a color that shouldn't conflict with any icons or any UI elements. HEX code is #290238. Hopefully that works for you.

https://picasaweb.google.com/106862...hkey=Gv1sRgCPfzh9fayvHYYg#5637808251433037986

Cdjones187

Reaction score

Right. I'm trying to make a Photoshop template so anyone can drop their own image in and see how it will look with the left and right sides cut off and where icons and top/bottom bars will overlay it.

Once they like how it looks, you just hide the template layer and save the background image.

I just needed a generic screen grab with some standard icons on it to make the overlay layer.

I don't know if I'm being ignorant, but what is the point of that?

EDIT: I can make a template of 1080 x 960 insert any high res image (resize and center) and have a HQ wallpaper.. what exactly are you trying to do??? If you want a single screen preview with the stock (blur) launcher divide the total width by 5. (i think)

Last edited:

The_Rick_14

Reaction score

I don't know if I'm being ignorant, but what is the point of that?

EDIT: I can make a template of 1080 x 960 insert any high res image (resize and center) and have a HQ wallpaper.. what exactly are you trying to do??? If you want a single screen preview with the stock (blur) launcher divide the total width by 5. (i think)

The point is to be able to preview which parts of the wallpaper can potentially be cut-off by objects on the screen (Notification Bar, App Tray, Homescreen Icons) when aligning the wallpaper.

It's very helpful if the design you're going for is a "shelf" effect for homescreen icons to not have to put the wallpaper on the phone to see how it all lines up. And that's just one example where having a template that's accurate is helpful to have.

You can copy a single screen grab and duplicate it side by side to get the full 1080 x 960 template.

OP
KuddlKat

KuddlKat

Reaction score
DROID³ Photoshop Template

Thanks, TR14. Since PSDs have a limit of 19.5Kb and the template I made is 1.4Mb, I'll toss it onto my own site. If anyone wants to put it elsewhere, feel free.

Template covers full left, center, and full right screen previews. Just make the associated layer visible.

http://kuddlkat.com/DROID/DROID3_template.psd