What is going on with Flash on the DX????

Liltease111

Reaction score
So, I just got my new Droid X a few days ago...I'm totally new to it and to Android phones in general. I was psyched about the X running Flash so that i can check out upcoming episodes of shows or whatever from the channel website right from my phone. However...HBO.com is telling me that "my device does not support Flash", and cwtv.com tells me "sorry, your phone does not support video streaming." What's the deal with this? :sad: Is there a fix? I ever called verizon and told them about HBO.com not working and they said that "certain sites are not compatible with the X flash" blah blah blah. Anyone experiencing the same thing, or know how to fix it? Please help! Thanks

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah, they told you correct, some sites are not compatible with the adobe flash version that is out for android, and theres nothing you can do about it.

OP
Liltease111

Liltease111

Reaction score
Wow that really sucks. So, what sites does it work on then? Do you know if theyre coming out with any updates on that? Thanks

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
^2x

And make sure that you have the latest version,10.1.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Honestly I have no clue, I use flash if I happen to go to a site that has it and it works....but not on purpose.

OP
Liltease111

Liltease111

Reaction score
Yeah i downloaded the newest version...10.1.105.6 and still nothing...:frown:

fichdak

Reaction score

It's not that flash isn't actually capable, it's that sites like HBO and Hulu block phones from connecting to their servers. I'm guessing it's because they want you to buy their shows for your phone on Amazon or something.

OP
Liltease111

Liltease111

Reaction score

It's not that flash isn't actually capable, it's that sites like HBO and Hulu block phones from connecting to their servers. I'm guessing it's because they want you to buy their shows for your phone on Amazon or something.

What about cwtv.com? i love my cw11 shows and i check that website frequently...

JayMonster

Reaction score
Don't hold you breath

In the ongoing feud between TV content providers and Google, expect anything running Android to failto load Flash cotent from TV providers. In this case the phones are collateral damage (as I see it) from the GoogleTV "ban."

Until the media mavens get their heads out of their respective asses and stop trying to dictate how we consume media, expect this spotty experience to continue.

It is not Google's fault, nor is it a problem with Adobe, but idiot media types clinging to outdated business models looking to avoid anything "futuristic"

OP
Liltease111

Liltease111

Reaction score
In the ongoing feud between TV content providers and Google, expect anything running Android to failto load Flash cotent from TV providers. In this case the phones are collateral damage (as I see it) from the GoogleTV "ban."

Until the media mavens get their heads out of their respective asses and stop trying to dictate how we consume media, expect this spotty experience to continue.

It is not Google's fault, nor is it a problem with Adobe, but idiot media types clinging to outdated business models looking to avoid anything "futuristic"

Thanks, that actually makes a lot of sense. Damn those media people!