Help! Stuck in blootloop after root / flash chevy rom!!

FlannelBeard

Reaction score
Hey all, FlannelBeard here. I need help QUICKLY. Also, slight noob here but not too much - just new to SBF, RSD, blah blah blah. Hard for me to grasp the concept, im a step by step kind of guy.

I just rooted my Droid X using the one-click gingerbread root. Worked beautifully and in under 7 minutes. I downloaded the moto x version of the chevy rom, SSDX - GB - 2.1 Update.zip. I was running Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I used the Boot Recovery and Rom Manager, and flashed this rom. I had backed up data, exported it to pc, and then wiped / cleared cache in Android System Recovery. Then I flashed the rom by applying the sd card update.

Said it was done, rebooted, and I got stuck in the bootloop from hell. Kept seeing the red motorola logo come up then disappear.

I rewiped/cleared the cache and STILL nothing. I cannot access my phone at all. I can get into the bootloader but when I try to RSD_Lite with the proper SBFS (tried multiple for my model) it doesnt recognize my device. I have also applied the Motorola Driver 3 times. Still nothing.

I really dont know what else to do, or even if what Im doing is right. I have already wiped everything and totally forgot to put the regular Moto X update.zip in my sdcard...i have nothing to fall back on now.

I literally have no idea what to do or what Im doing. Can someone provide quick, easy, step by step instructions for a dummy who cant fill in the blanks on his own? Quite urgent, I need my phone for business and I really dont want to stay up till 3am to fix this :[ help!

Sincerely, flannelbeard, a very tired pissed off fellow ready to throw his phone against the nearest wall with all his strength.

OP
F

FlannelBeard

Reaction score
2 hours later. No help, still stuck. *sigh*

I mounted the SD card to my pc and am trying to download the stock roms with the Recovery mode, since I cant get it to do anything but boot the M logo. Bootloader I can get to, but RSD is not reading my device. Drivers have been installed multiple times with PC resets to make sure theyre good to go. Wont read device information. Now, since reinstalling RSD, i cant get it to see my device at all.

Unless I post an "I GOT IT" and explain how I have done so, this thread is still open and I am still working away at it. Like I said, unless you see this final post from me I am still having issues and need some help.

Thanks in advance ladies and gents...this sucks.

***********EDIT************
Just tried the stock roms........NOTHING. This freaking thing is PISSING me off its not reading ANYTHING I do!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im at such a loss right now. Did I brick my phone because NOTHING is working?

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Start by .sbfing first. You need to be on the froyo radio for Chevy's rom. After that, simply root it, get clockwork from the app rom manager, boot into recovery, wipe data and cache at least 2 times, flash chevys rom. You should also wipe data and cache after the flash it helps sometimes if you have problems.

Rocken that SSX 2.1 !

OP
F

FlannelBeard

Reaction score
Ok, first time having to SBF. I think ive got it now..recognized my device (switched from windows 7 desktop to XP laptop, and RSD lite recognized the Droid X instantly). For someone who hasnt SBF'ed before its really confusing, especially when it wont recognize your device even with the right drivers. Ill write a tutorial at the end of this thread. Its SBF'ing now and maybe has 10 minutes to go.

Ive seen Chevy on 602 Droid X before, so Im hoping I can mimic what he did to get it running.

Thanks for your reply haxerpaylay, I will take your advice and let you know how it turns out. You recommend that I wipe several times THEN flash the rom, THEN wipe everything again? Well, worth a shot!! I will do so.

I was able to root the Tmobile mytouch 3g and flash roms like butter...never had a problem until now. Ive never had to SBF before, either, and that can be so confusing to someone - even if they follow all the steps. I stated I wasnt a noob...but...everyone reading this is probably saying "HAH what a noob".

Will let you know when its finished.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
There is a great tutorial on .sbfing I will put a link in a sec.

Rocken that SSX 2.1 !

Link....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100038

OP
F

FlannelBeard

Reaction score
Reread it now that the SBF was successful. PHEW! Now it makes more sense, however windows 7 permissions was also to blame. Who knew?

2+2 definitely equals five the first few times :p thats for sure. Im still setting up my phone from stock gingerbread, so once I get this thing back up and running ill write a thread explaining my steps (for those like me who thought 2+2=5) haha.

Checking out chevy again...hopefully I can get this to work. Know any other great mods besides Chevy, Liberty and Cyanogen?

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Reread it now that the SBF was successful. PHEW! Now it makes more sense, however windows 7 permissions was also to blame. Who knew?

2+2 definitely equals five the first few times :p thats for sure. Im still setting up my phone from stock gingerbread, so once I get this thing back up and running ill write a thread explaining my steps (for those like me who thought 2+2=5) haha.

Checking out chevy again...hopefully I can get this to work. Know any other great mods besides Chevy, Liberty and Cyanogen?

Glad to help!

First off, when I upgraded my ogdroid to a DroidX I rooted it and installed liberty rom. I even paid for the app that releases the builds earlyer. I loved the rom and still think highly of it. It has some flaws though (as do all). It has barely any support, and I think they stoped updating it, Don't quote me on that though. It does have amazing battery life though.

As for cyanogen mod, never tried it. I stayed on liberty until Chevy came on the droidx and updated his rom to 2.0.

Chevy's roms on the other hand are a work of art. He takes the cyangenmod builds and greatly improves them, with speed battery life and other inhancements. It usually takes him a while to put out an update, but its quite worth it. Its 100% better, even if others update there roms. I havent really had any problems with his rom, and will use it for the life of my phone.

These are simply my opinions and take them as so. :)

Rocken that SSX 2.1 !

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

In here it says you are setting up stock GB and then going to try SSX again. Make sure if you do you follow the instructions carefully. You need to be on froyo to flash this ROM which is where you got stuck in the first place. Chevy has a way to do it from GB you just need to flash a prep zip first. Like I said follow the instructions and you should be fine.