What have YOU done with Tasker?

VoiceGuy

Reaction score
I don't know how to do that with email but know of another way you could get your photo. Use Dropsync as a plug in with Tasker to upload the photo to your Dropbox account. I have mine set up to take a pic with the front facing camera after the 3rd failed pin attempt and then upload the picture to Dropbox. Thought about trying the email thing but this way was easier for me.

SUPERCOWCOW

Reaction score
You need to name the file as a variable so every time you take a picture, the file name is different, and the current picture won't replace the previous one. One easy solution is to name the file by date and time since every time you take a picture it has a unique date time stamp on it. So in the file name field, enter "%DATE %TIME" This way all picture you taken by tasker will be named after date and time

I have created a widget that will instantly take a picture without bringing the camera screen up. Then save to gallery in a tasker created folder. Only problem i have, it asks you to give the picture a name. After the first use of the widget, the name is already used and does not save.

I would like to save file as 1.jpg. Next time widget is used save as 1.jpg, if 1.jpg is used then incriment to 2.jpg and so forth. Any help would be appriciated

dnk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem that I can't really solve...
I have made a profile that, IF my phone recieves a SMS with the text SOS, the phone gets the location, takes a photo with front camera, plays a loud sound and the send the coordinates to my e-mail.
What I can't figure out is how to attach the photo to that e-mail...
It all works fine, except for attaching the photo to the mail

Anyone got any ideas of how to get this to work??

You gotta check this Send email with attachments - Tasker Wiki

recDNA

Reaction score
I have an app I love called video wallpaper. It is a live wallpaper app that lets you choose a video in your sd card or memory as your wallpaper.

Would it be possible to write code in tasker to cause this app to choose a different video at a certain time...like something more fun during a time I know I'm not a work?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

nothingleft

Reaction score
Hi, New to Tasker, Android and midlife :(

Before I buy Tasker can i please ask if the following can be done using this app

When my phone switches to bluetooth in the car i would like it to automatically turn on Car Mode on the phone and turn off the autolock ( i will have it unlocked)

Thank you for your assistance.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if tasker, or any other app is able to activate/deactivate an app as administrator once a day at a certain time? I'm rooted if that matters.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if tasker, or any other app is able to activate/deactivate an app as administrator once a day at a certain time? I'm rooted if that matters.

How do you mean activate/deactivate?

"Notarized"

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
AutomateIt may be able to deactivate an app as administrator. Which app is assigned administrator privileges?

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do you mean activate/deactivate?

"Notarized"

AutomateIt may be able to deactivate an app as administrator. Which app is assigned administrator privileges?

My work makes me install Afaria which makes me use pin or password. If i take away admin rights to it I don't need the pin but Afaria won't seed (i believe). So i'd like to enable as administrator at night then disable in the am.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That's tricky. Not sure if AutomateIt will do it or not. You may have to do it manually by going into system settings-> location and security-> device administrators, then remove the check mark in Afaria.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's tricky. Not sure if AutomateIt will do it or not. You may have to do it manually by going into system settings-> location and security-> device administrators, then remove the check mark in Afaria.

Thanks, yeah i know i can manually do it, just trying to automate something else. Lol. I'll check out AutomateIt. Thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have AutomateIt pro so when I get a moment I'll see if it lets me do something similar.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That would be great, thanks

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It may be possible but to have it specifically deactivate the administrator privileges at a certain time seems to be very complicated...if it is even possible. The best/easiest I could come up with is that you could set a rule where at a specific time each day (or two specific times, say 9am & 10am) it would trigger your phone to automatically open your settings. From there you could go into security and deactivate/activate the administrator privileges. This may be convenient as a daily reminder.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks Tis. I already made a calendar reminder in the am and pm. After messing with it and tasker. I don't think it can be done automatically since you need to actually press the activate button and set a pin right after you do that. Too bad there is no script to disable security settings for Afaria like the one for email here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1117452

Thanks again Tis