What have YOU done with Tasker?

lyam

Reaction score
Yes, as long as you are using the magnet driven docking stations. You can also specify contexts such as charging by USB or AC.

I hope this hasn't been covered already. I searched but came up m/t

Is it possible to change settings when my phone is placed in the docking stating?

Thanks Monty

MontyMo

Reaction score
Yes, as long as you are using the magnet driven docking stations. You can also specify contexts such as charging by USB or AC.

I hope this hasn't been covered already. I searched but came up m/t

Is it possible to change settings when my phone is placed in the docking stating?

Thanks Monty

Cool, I have a Moto Docking Station!
Thanks for the quick reply!

arndale

Reaction score
Combined with Minimalistic Text, I have Tasker update my wallpaper and min text widgets with weather information.

Hi Lyam,

I like that!

Where did you get the background images. I've been looking for weather ones about that size for a while now.

Thanks
Arndale

geejfig

Reaction score
You have "TORCH" as Action in Alert Section,
it can be used in a looped Task to Flash a few times

I tried using the "TORCH" action but it never did anything. SimpleLED requires a couple of extra steps but I did get it to do what I wanted. Thank you for your input, though. I'm finding this thread quite helpful.

arndale

Reaction score
I made them in Gimp using images from the web. Here's the pack if you like.

Brilliant. Thanks very much. Do the numbers on your files tie up with numbers on the weather somehow or is there a list of all the possible names that could come up? Maybe you did all that in Tasker?

I suppose the easiest thing (for me at least) would be for you to post the Tasker profile if that is possible (or PM me)?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

TXBlueEyes

Reaction score
gtalk updater

@Version_3

Is GTalk Updater an app, or an action in Tasker?

Thx

So, I just want to update and show off a few of my basic profiles.

1. Cell near (home) > WiFi On

2. Car Dock > Bluetooth On, Media Volume=15, Load App=Music Mod, GTalk Updater=Busy | Driving - Responses may be delayed
-Exit task > Bluetooth Off, Media Volume=3, Stop If %ATWORK ~1, GTalk Updater=Available

3. Cell Near (Work) > Variable Set %ATWORK to 1, Wifi Off, GTalk Updater=Busy | At work, responses may be delayed.
-Exit task > Variable Set %ATWORK to 0

4. Orientation (face down) > Media volume=0, ringer volume=0, notification volume=0, system volume=0, vibrate on notify=On

(unused while I rethink how to apply this):

5. Missed call clear > App: Contacts, variable set %MCCLEAR to 1

6. Missed Call > Variable set %MCCLEAR to 0, Variable set %MISS1 to %CNAME, tText Widget configuration=missed, Wait 2m, tText Widget configuration=missed, Stop if %MCCLEAR ~1, Goto Action Number 2
(For this, I set the tText Widget to show "Missed call from: %MISS1" when I have a missed call, and "No Missed Calls" otherwise

lyam

Reaction score
Yes, the file names represent the condition code from yahoo's weather api. Here's essentially what I did:

The idea is to create your custom wallpapers and name them after the weather condition numbers found here. I've only got around 10 wallpapers and have copied many of them for various similar conditions.

Now, create the Tasker profiles:
Context: Time; From 0:22 every 30 min till 23:23.
Tasks: Get Weather

• HTTP Get: Server Port:weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=your zip here?u=f (or c for celsius), Mime Type: text/xml
  • If %HTTPR !~200
  • Wait 2 minutes
  • Goto Action number 1
  • End if
  • Variable split: %HTTPD splitter "
  • Variable Set: %DEGREES to %HTTPD50
  • Minimalistic Text variable: DEGREES to %DEGREES
  • Variable Set: %YWEATHERT to %HTTPD46
  • Minimalistic Text variable: YWEATHERT to %YWEATHERT
  • If %YWEATHER ~ %HTTPD48
  • Stop
  • End If
  • Variable Set: %YWEATHER to %HTTPD48
  • Set Wallpaper : path to wallpaper/%HTTPD46.png
Now you create the two Min Text widgets using the Locale Variable block (located in custom layout) and reference the DEGREES and YWEATHERT.
You can pull any number of data elements from that yahoo weather feed. Just find where they are located in the xml feed and split on " to pull them into a custom variable.

So far my biggest frustration has been the accuracy of yahoo weather's current conditions. Seems like it's "fair" 90% of the time. It's obviously mostly cloudy right now, but it's fair on the website. bah.

I made them in Gimp using images from the web. Here's the pack if you like.

Brilliant. Thanks very much. Do the numbers on your files tie up with numbers on the weather somehow or is there a list of all the possible names that could come up? Maybe you did all that in Tasker?

I suppose the easiest thing (for me at least) would be for you to post the Tasker profile if that is possible (or PM me)?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

arndale

Reaction score
Yes, the file names represent the condition code from yahoo's weather api. Here's essentially what I did:

Thanks for the insight. It's given me the info so I can integrate Tasker and Minimalistic Text (and some nice graphics).
I have been using Tasker to display the weather (using an API at Weather Underground), as I wanted it to display the weather at my current location rather than having to input a zip code.
I used this. Maybe it will give you a more accurate forecast

Arndale

harshpshah

Reaction score
Save the last drops of battery for calendar/alarm use

Sometimes I forget to plug the phone charger at night, and since signal strength is low at my house, the battery drains quickly. This makes the phone turn off sometimes, and I miss the alarm in the morning. If I do the following will it work?

New Profile: Save the Last Drop
Context: Battery 0 to 10

Task: Airplane mode on if signal strength ~ 0

1. If the signal strength is good when the battery level falls below 10% for the first time, and then later on signal strength goes low, will the task trigger correctly?

and 2. If I need to make a emergency phone call when battery is low, and I need to disable the airplane mode, will it automatically turn on the airplane mode in the middle of my call?

I will create this and test it when I get a chance, but signal strength being a random thing, I can't test it right now, so I just wanted to ask your inputs before I actually enable this profile.

lyam

Reaction score
Cool, I may try that. Thanks.

Thanks for the insight. It's given me the info so I can integrate Tasker and Minimalistic Text (and some nice graphics).
I have been using Tasker to display the weather (using an API at Weather Underground), as I wanted it to display the weather at my current location rather than having to input a zip code.
I used this. Maybe it will give you a more accurate forecast

Arndale

IR1UR2

Reaction score
VERSION_3
Sorry I dont understend the " tText Widget configuration =missed " part . How and /or where do I enter this? Thanx for all ur help.

Version_3

Reaction score
Sorry, i should have mentioned that. The configuration is 2 parts, once in the widget itself, then the other in tasker. The widget points at %MISSED, and tasker should be setting the variable to %MISSED.

If you need more, I'll be able to help more once my phone recharges and laptop reimages.

VERSION_3
Sorry I dont understend the " tText Widget configuration =missed " part . How and /or where do I enter this? Thanx for all ur help.