What have YOU done with Tasker?

geejfig

Reaction score
I ended up going with SimpleLED and looping "Open App" with varied "Wait" commands and a "GoTo" at the end to repeat it. So far I'm really digging Tasker!

mickego

Reaction score
You have "TORCH" as Action in Alert Section,
it can be used in a looped Task to Flash a few times

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Is there any way to make Tasker make your phone ring or turn on GPS by sending an email or text? Like emailing "GPS ON" to my phone, and it'd turn it on or "RING NOW" and it would ring? Thanks

hoogamaphone

Reaction score
Set up a new thing yesterday: 2 Permanent notifications for orientation lock and unlock. Pressing one cancels the other notification and engage the new notification.

So when I want to lock the orientation I hit Lock Orientation which then locks it, cancels the Lock Orientation notification and starts up the Unlock Orientation notification. (IMO its cleaner and easier to access than a widget)

Awesome idea! I adopted this a well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ArtieD

Reaction score
Tasker - Find Phone Step Through

Is there any way to make Tasker make your phone ring or turn on GPS by sending an email or text? Like emailing "GPS ON" to my phone, and it'd turn it on or "RING NOW" and it would ring? Thanks

There's a step through with step by step instructions on the Tasker Wiki Site that will put the volume to max and start playing a song when you send your phone the right text message. Findphone - Tasker Wiki

But I use the App Where's my DROID. You can either send the text "Wheres my droid" which will do the same as above or "GPS my droid" which will send you back the coordinates of where the phone is. You can change the messages if you want and some other options.:)

shaneh1

Reaction score
Just and FYI, if you are connected to a router, the SSID and MAC Address are known values that aren't actually "scanned" any longer.

Are you sure?
Quoted from: Tasker for Android

"wifi near: if connnected to an AP and all wifi near states match it's details, stop scanning"

This is listed on the "plans" page, meaning it's not currently implemented. So currently tasker continues to scan for APs when a wifi near profile is active, regardless of whether its connected to that AP.

My wifi off stuff works fine, as it doesn't have a separate 'wifi stop' profile, it just uses the connectivity profile to determine when to turn off wifi.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score

Yes as long as you don't use the google voice app exclusively for your texts.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Just and FYI, if you are connected to a router, the SSID and MAC Address are known values that aren't actually "scanned" any longer.

Are you sure?
Quoted from: Tasker for Android

"wifi near: if connnected to an AP and all wifi near states match it's details, stop scanning"

This is listed on the "plans" page, meaning it's not currently implemented. So currently tasker continues to scan for APs when a wifi near profile is active, regardless of whether its connected to that AP.

My wifi off stuff works fine, as it doesn't have a separate 'wifi stop' profile, it just uses the connectivity profile to determine when to turn off wifi.

I could be wrong, I didn't write it, but I would think that it is only looking for other APs not the one it is connected to...But who knows beside Pent.

shaneh1

Reaction score

This implies it keeps scanning even if all wifi near states match the connected AP. It is written quite clearly that it continues to scan even "if all wifi near states match it's details".

I can imagine how Tasker implements this. If it has a wifi near profile it needs to continually check that AP is still near by initiating a scan for all APs nearby. To not scan because it is currently connected would require special case logic. Based on the info in the "todo" section, tasker doesn't currently have this special case logic. Which is why I had to manually implement it in my set of profiles.

Last edited:

kevdog

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone is using SMS Backup Pro. I'm trying to have the program run after every call (received, or missed). Supposedly this program has 3rd party integration with Tasker, however when I simply set the event SMS Backup, trigger the event manually, I really never see anything occurred -- either in the log of SMS Backup or in Gmail where the sms messages are backupd. Anyone have any insight on this? I contacted the developer of SMS backup, but as usual all I got was it works for me without any further explanation.

bodean

Reaction score
when i open tasker, my "WIFI OFF" profile that i used from this forum and the tasker wiki, always as a red circle with a line through it. All others have green checks. Does this indicate it isnt working?

lyam

Reaction score
when i open tasker, my "WIFI OFF" profile that i used from this forum and the tasker wiki, always as a red circle with a line through it. All others have green checks. Does this indicate it isnt working?

There is a condition built into that series of profiles that will turn that particular profile off. The red circle with a line indicates that it is currently inactive. That profile will reactivate when other conditions are met.

Version_3

Reaction score
So, I just want to update and show off a few of my basic profiles.

1. Cell near (home) > WiFi On

2. Car Dock > Bluetooth On, Media Volume=15, Load App=Music Mod, GTalk Updater=Busy | Driving - Responses may be delayed
-Exit task > Bluetooth Off, Media Volume=3, Stop If %ATWORK ~1, GTalk Updater=Available

3. Cell Near (Work) > Variable Set %ATWORK to 1, Wifi Off, GTalk Updater=Busy | At work, responses may be delayed.
-Exit task > Variable Set %ATWORK to 0

4. Orientation (face down) > Media volume=0, ringer volume=0, notification volume=0, system volume=0, vibrate on notify=On

(unused while I rethink how to apply this):

5. Missed call clear > App: Contacts, variable set %MCCLEAR to 1

6. Missed Call > Variable set %MCCLEAR to 0, Variable set %MISS1 to %CNAME, tText Widget configuration=missed, Wait 2m, tText Widget configuration=missed, Stop if %MCCLEAR ~1, Goto Action Number 2
(For this, I set the tText Widget to show "Missed call from: %MISS1" when I have a missed call, and "No Missed Calls" otherwise

lyam

Reaction score
Combined with Minimalistic Text, I have Tasker update my wallpaper and min text widgets with weather information.

yZqhK.png
mEY8A.png

Last edited:

MontyMo

Reaction score
I hope this hasn't been covered already. I searched but came up m/t

Is it possible to change settings when my phone is placed in the docking stating?

Thanks Monty