What have I done.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
When I got my droid it would say DROOOOOID upon boot up. Now I did change the voicemail , email notification sound, but my phone no longer says anything on boot up and when I plug it into my computer USB it plays the email notiication sound...

Any ideas???

spaceman

Reaction score
I believe it only plays DROOOIIDDD if the notification sound stays on DROOOIIDDD.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
settings>sound and display> notification ringtone

There was a thread on this earlier. I have my sound settings set up exactly as you described and I no longer get the Droid sound on start up. I havent for a while. I think it's a 2.0.1 thing.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Okay, i went back in and swapped them around, I will see how that works out.

Thanks

mjs31

Reaction score
Yes, it should be the same sound as your default notification. 2.0.1 has not changed this.

cisco0910

Reaction score
my notification when card is prepared is checked...when I boot up it does some digital phone type ring. doesn't say droid anymore as it use to. my current default notification isn't the digital phone ring either.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Yepper that fixed mine, I now get the familiar DROOOOOOOOOOID ...

How in the world I turned off the SD card notification, I have no clue

Children like myself should not be allowed to play with high technology units:mad:

NYZ93

Reaction score
Whenever i hear Drooid at full volume again (cuz i dont have it set as a notification) it reminds me of when i first got it:)

msblueline

Reaction score
Yepper that fixed mine, I now get the familiar DROOOOOOOOOOID ...

How in the world I turned off the SD card notification, I have no clue

Children like myself should not be allowed to play with high technology units:mad:

Love your profile picture...

I just watched "Young Frankenstein" the other day. It was funny.

When I went back to my DROID from the Storm 2, I was on the phone with Verizon. When she had me turn my phone on so it would power up it said "DROOOOOOOIIIIIDDDDDD!" She said "that sounds SOOO freaky!"

I told her that I love that sound, that it turns heads... She said "I bet it does." and I said, "of course... DROID Does!!!"

Out of all the things that don't, DROID Does! :motdroidvert::icon_ banana::motdroidhoriz:

msblueline

windstrings

Reaction score
my notification when card is prepared is checked...when I boot up it does some digital phone type ring. doesn't say droid anymore as it use to. my current default notification isn't the digital phone ring either.

Mine is doing the same thing!... it happened after I drained my battery down to dead and had to pull the battery to get it to come back up.

My default sound is still droid.... when I mount my SD card it still says droid and thats what my default sound is.. but upon reboot it plays an entirely different sound that sounds like a digital phone ring.