Can This Be Done

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I have the DROOOOID sound on notifications. I do that cause I like that when I power up the phone....

I would like a different sound on voicemail notifications.

I can't find anywhere to do that or an app that would do that.. Has anyone figured that out yet????

Serialkilla

Reaction score
You can do it right in the email app itself, open the app, hit the menu, settings, select ringtone.
Oh - lol... I see you want it as voicemail, I mis-read! sorry. You can do it for voicemail too tho...depending on what you use for your voicemail - I use google voice,and I can set ringtones for it - I was able to for Youmail as well.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I use Verizon's voice mail and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this....:mad:

OyVOid

Reaction score
You can.

Go to menu > settings> sound & display settings> notification ringtone, choose one from the standard ringtones given. I have Tweeters and it sounds a little bird twitting when I get a voicemail message.

Or if you don't like what is offered from the standard selection, you can be adventureous can create your own ringtone. You can use the RingDriod app to create your own using a song that you've already downloaded, then SAVE AS Type: Notification, then rename your Ringtone and hit SAVE. It will ask you one last time if you want to make this your default notication? Yes, please! or No, thanks. Say yes and once you get a voicemail, it will play it.

That's it. I love that I can assign different people on my contact list with different ringtones. Per instance, when my mom calls it plays happy birthday, I kow it's mom without even checking. Which comes handy if I choose to ignore the call. Hee, hee. I am so not kidding. LOL!

uscjoel

Reaction score
I no longer have the droooiiid sound when I reboot...I dont know why seeing as I never changed anything...Now all I have is some stupid data ring...

How can I get the "droid" back at start up?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I no longer have the droooiiid sound when I reboot...I dont know why seeing as I never changed anything...Now all I have is some stupid data ring...

How can I get the "droid" back at start up?

The sound that plays on boot (the default 'DROIIIID') is whatever sound the main 'notification' is set to. So at some point this was changed. You can reset it under settings>sounds and dispaly>notification ringtone - Note: this will be the sound played for ALL notifications that can't be individually changed (from within the app).