what folder to put music files in?

ryan850

Reaction score
what folder should i put my music in or do i keep it on the root of the sd?

EzTec

Reaction score
I'm curious myself. I have the Droid 2, and as you may or may not know, it comes with an 8gb card installed. Well, I don't have a transfer cable in my possession as this very moment. I pulled the card and put it into a USB micro sd card reader. I also don't know where the music should go.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I created a Media>>Music folder.....works like a charm.

EzTec

Reaction score
For my card, the only place I was thinking about putting it is in Media>>Audio, but I want to make absolutely certain. Can I just create a music folder in the "Media' folder and load that up without problems?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I just create a music folder in the "Media' folder and load that up without problems?
That is what Bn'B said works for him.....like a charm :D

My MP3 files are in a folder named music on the Root of my SD, in my media folder I keep a ringtones/notifications/and alarms folder, for their respected files...either way will work

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can I just create a music folder in the "Media' folder and load that up without problems?
That is what Bn'B said works for him.....like a charm :D

My MP3 files are in a folder named music on the Root of my SD, in my media folder I keep a ringtones/notifications/and alarms folder, for their respected files...either way will work

While I don't have music, I do have a lot of videos. I just created a folder called "Videos" and put them there. No problem with the video player. I've also done that with pictures I want to keep separate from the camera folder. I just named it whatever those photos are and put them there. Gallery sees them fine.

trublond

Reaction score
Not sure it really matters, except for the fact of knowing exactly where they are. MissingSync puts them on /Markspace/music and doubleTwist put them in /music, both on the SD card. The music player(s) will find it in either space. I wish there was a "hard" standard, I like MissingSync since it will transfer files/music wirelessly but doubleTwist has some additional features that are nice. It would be nice if either one would give you the ability to configure where to store you music.